Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, congrats to all that have got in! i've just done all of my accommodation and unfortunately did not get my first choice, but i have settled for the Holt, anyone else? just hoping to get to know some people before move in would be nice! is there any group chats on facebook or whatsapp specifically for the Holt? Many thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by slindsay006)
    Hey guys, congrats to all that have got in! i've just done all of my accommodation and unfortunately did not get my first choice, but i have settled for the Holt, anyone else? just hoping to get to know some people before move in would be nice! is there any group chats on facebook or whatsapp specifically for the Holt? Many thanks!
    Congrats slindsay006, we look forward to welcoming you next month :yeah:

Any questions just shout!

Amy
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    No problem RDKGames
    Hi again. I've completed the accommodation picks earlier today through the preference selection method as opposed to reserving a room because I clicked accidentally clicked off on the "Confirm" button as I was reading through the notes. It simply says that my application has been completed and I can't do anything. I do not mind this but I do have a few concerns I'd like answered that are raising some alarm bells for me . I'm unsure if this affects my guarantee as a first-year undergraduate student with Loughborough as my firm? Would I still be guaranteed a room based on my 3 preferences (or otherwise if those are not available)? If not, is there any way I can reapply or submit a reservation of a chosen place? I wouldn't want to lose the guarantee.

ReputationRep:
    No problem RDKGames
    Hi there ive received an offer for Loughborough through clearing and was wondering how accommodation would be allocated. Do we still have a choice from the remaining halls? Which halls tend to go before we get the chance to pick? I was hoping for an ensuite room but ive heard that they were all gone.

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all in fall! I have a rather uncommon question and I am not sure if that's the best thread for it, but here it goes: I am moving to UK for university and I am currently undergoing an orthodontic treatment (braces); I am searching for an orthodontist that's eager to take a case that's already started in a different country (and won't charge me toooo much, I'm on a student budget and I definitely can't afford starting a new treatment in UK). Does anybody have any recommendation? I also thought about the possibility of going to a practice place for student orthodontists, if there is anything like that close to Loughborough. Any help or advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    When will i receive my confirmation letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpka1)
    I GOT INTO LOUGHBOROUGHHHHH
    Doing social psychology
    Same!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by justacuriousguy.)
    Hi there ive received an offer for Loughborough through clearing and was wondering how accommodation would be allocated. Do we still have a choice from the remaining halls? Which halls tend to go before we get the chance to pick? I was hoping for an ensuite room but ive heard that they were all gone.

Thanks for your help
    Hi justacuriousguy

Great news on the offer once you've accepted you'll be able to apply for accommodation from 10am on Monday 22nd August - keep an eye on the announcements page for more info. You will be guaranteed a room in University accommodation if you apply by Tuesday 30th August - after this date room offers will be subject to availability.

You will get to submit your accommodation preferences from Monday but your offer will depend on availability - the system will take into account your preference and the date of application. There are a limited number of en-suite rooms available, but even if you don't get your first choice don't worry - all of the halls have an amazing atmosphere and you'll have a fantastic time whichever you end up in.

If you want to discuss your accommodation options in more details you can give them a call on 01509 274488

Hope this helps!

Amy
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by chloe.aishling)
    Same!

Well done chloe.aishling, fab news!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dpka1)
    When will i receive my confirmation letter?
    Hi dpka1

You should have received a Congratulations email yesterday confirming your place - did you get this?

Amy
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Hi again. I've completed the accommodation picks earlier today through the preference selection method as opposed to reserving a room because I clicked accidentally clicked off on the "Confirm" button as I was reading through the notes. It simply says that my application has been completed and I can't do anything. I do not mind this but I do have a few concerns I'd like answered that are raising some alarm bells for me . I'm unsure if this affects my guarantee as a first-year undergraduate student with Loughborough as my firm? Would I still be guaranteed a room based on my 3 preferences (or otherwise if those are not available)? If not, is there any way I can reapply or submit a reservation of a chosen place? I wouldn't want to lose the guarantee.
    Hi RDKGames

Don't panic! As a firm choice student, you are guaranteed on-campus accommodation. However, while we're happy to try and answer questions on here the best people to talk to are the Accommodation Team. Rather than waiting for a reply to the email, give them a call directly on 01509 274488 and they should be able to set your mind at rest straight away...

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Teresa
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Shroom)
    Hey!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all in fall! I have a rather uncommon question and I am not sure if that's the best thread for it, but here it goes: I am moving to UK for university and I am currently undergoing an orthodontic treatment (braces); I am searching for an orthodontist that's eager to take a case that's already started in a different country (and won't charge me toooo much, I'm on a student budget and I definitely can't afford starting a new treatment in UK). Does anybody have any recommendation? I also thought about the possibility of going to a practice place for student orthodontists, if there is anything like that close to Loughborough. Any help or advice would be appreciated
    Hi Shroom

We're looking forward to meeting you, too

I've just Googled orthodontists in the area and this website lists a few local orthodontists - might be worth getting in touch with a few directly to ask

There is a shuttle bus that runs through campus and into town (the town centre is also well within walking distance to campus too) so if you choose a local orthodontist you'll be able to get to and from easily

Hope this helps!
    Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hi dpka1

You should have received a Congratulations email yesterday confirming your place - did you get this?

Amy
    Hi! I did get a congratulations email, but I need a UCAS confirmation letter so that I can open up a student bank account. Do you have any idea when I will get it? thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dpka1)
    Hi! I did get a congratulations email, but I need a UCAS confirmation letter so that I can open up a student bank account. Do you have any idea when I will get it? thanks!
    Hi dpka

Ah I see - this letter comes directly from UCAS, so I'm not sure exactly when they send it out - I'd imagine it would be within a week or so

According to the UCAS website you should be able to view the letter on UCAS Track - I don't know if this is printable/will be suitable evidence for opening your bank account?

Amy
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hi RDKGames

Don't panic! As a firm choice student, you are guaranteed on-campus accommodation. However, while we're happy to try and answer questions on here the best people to talk to are the Accommodation Team. Rather than waiting for a reply to the email, give them a call directly on 01509 274488 and they should be able to set your mind at rest straight away...

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Teresa
    Thank you! That alone has set my mind at rest and I'll be sure to get in touch soon with the accommodation team just to make sure.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you! That alone has set my mind at rest and I'll be sure to get in touch soon with the accommodation team just to make sure.
    No worries

Do give them a call asap, though, just to make sure that everything is on track!

Teresa
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    No worries

Do give them a call asap, though, just to make sure that everything is on track!

Teresa
    Called them up and they said it's still a guarantee and explained a few things as well. Phew!
    Got my IT credentials sorted, registration complete and all that good stuff. All is left to do now is wait it out and relax, a rare word combo I haven't been quite getting right until Results Day. :^_^:

Can't wait to get there!

Also, since I am taking a 3 year course for a BSc degree in maths, is it possible at the end of my 3rd year to sign up for a 4th one and do MMath in the case that I do well within the first 3 years?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Called them up and they said it's still a guarantee and explained a few things as well. Phew!
    Got my IT credentials sorted, registration complete and all that good stuff. All is left to do now is wait it out and relax, a rare word combo I haven't been quite getting right until Results Day. :^_^:

Can't wait to get there!

Also, since I am taking a 3 year course for a BSc degree in maths, is it possible at the end of my 3rd year to sign up for a 4th one and do MMath in the case that I do well within the first 3 years?
    Excellent news sounds like you are all set.

Yes I understand this would be possible if you wanted to complete the extra year, you could proceed onto the MMath course after your 3rd year. For more detail on this I'd recommend contacting the department directly either by email or on 01509 223969. Alternatively this is a conversation you can have with your tutor when you arrive

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Im a deferred student and start in September and can't wait!! I was wondering when I will be receiving information about my course timetable and books I need. I am studying Politics with a minor 4 year course but I haven't found anyone else doing my course.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the chemistry department?? I'm doing medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry Haven't found anyone doing chemistry yet! Also got my first choice accommodation in Robert Bakewell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.