Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ive (18) been in an ldr with a girl (17) for a little over a year now.... everything was going fine. Perfectly fine tbh we used to see each other every few weeks and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. All of a sudden, she stopped loving me. And she said she wants to be friends. I was amazed at how quickly things turned. Literally one message was i love you with heart emojis, next message was we're breaking up. She didnt even seem phased by it, she tried to joke around all the time. The thing is, even though she wants to be friends, thats not enough for me. It kills me that after everything we've been through she just wants to treat me like every other friend she has in her life. I dont know if i even should be friends with her. Should i leave her completely? These last few hours have been really difficult for me...... Please help

ReputationRep:
    You do not just decide to breakup with someone. I'd take it very personally, the inconsistency here makes me think she has cheated on you.

ReputationRep:
    She probably found someone else she loves and isn't so far away that she can only see them every few weeks.

Being in an LDR is terribly constrictive at such a young age where you want to spend your time going out and having fun...

(Original post by whorace)
    You do not just decide to breakup with someone. I'd take it very personally, the inconsistency here makes me think she has cheated on you.
    I really dont think she's cheated on me as i was like one of the only guys she spoke to..... She said that she doesnt think our relationship is gonna work out so she saw it as pointless. I just dont know if i could be friends with her..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    She probably found someone else she loves and isn't so far away that she can only see them every few weeks.

Being in an LDR is terribly constrictive at such a young age where you want to spend your time going out and having fun...
    Psst, what's a LDR? I ruled out the option of a light-dependent resistor...

(Original post by hxfsxh)
    long distance relationship

ReputationRep:
    Long-Distance Relationship :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Long-Distance Relationship :lol:
    Now THAT makes much more sense :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive (18) been in an ldr with a girl (17) for a little over a year now.... everything was going fine. Perfectly fine tbh we used to see each other every few weeks and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. All of a sudden, she stopped loving me. And she said she wants to be friends. I was amazed at how quickly things turned. Literally one message was i love you with heart emojis, next message was we're breaking up. She didnt even seem phased by it, she tried to joke around all the time. The thing is, even though she wants to be friends, thats not enough for me. It kills me that after everything we've been through she just wants to treat me like every other friend she has in her life. I dont know if i even should be friends with her. Should i leave her completely? These last few hours have been really difficult for me...... Please help
    It seems something has changed in her life that has caused her to not love you. Just liked you said she was sending flirty messages and then completely switched. Clearly this is no fault of yours. Relationships in teen years do not last forever, you still have your whole life to live! Maybe you'll find someone is more compatible and loving.

ReputationRep:
    Now THAT makes much more sense :rofl:
    I mean, I could see that problems would arise if you were trapped in a resistor too...

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I could see that problems would arise if you were trapped in a resistor too...
    I don't imagine it being comfortable or safe to be honest...

(Original post by Shiv is Light)
    It seems something has changed in her life that has caused her to not love you. Just liked you said she was sending flirty messages and then completely switched. Clearly this is no fault of yours. Relationships in teen years do not last forever, you still have your whole life to live! Maybe you'll find someone is more compatible and loving.
    Its all happened so quickly.... A few days ago we were celebrating one year and now it all crashed but i still love her

ReputationRep:
    Move on, you're free now

ReputationRep:
    Physics/ electronics whizz detected

ReputationRep:
    If you can't handle being friends with her then it's probably better to cut off the relationship for now at least.

You can't expect a girl that age or anyone for that matter to be in a ldr and feel fulfilled.

ReputationRep:
    Its all happened so quickly.... A few days ago we were celebrating one year and now it all crashed but i still love her
    Aw man that really sucks like I said this is clearly something she's going through. Maybe you should sympathise rather than be hurt. She's probably more hurt than you. Time heals everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Physics/ electronics whizz detected
    Actually, more of a History whizz but I have a fair amount of physics knowledge too

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Move on, you're free now
    How am i supposed to move on if i still love her? If i still think about her every second of every day? if i cant sleep cuz i try repeat all those beautiful conversations in my head? Idk if i can cope

ReputationRep:
    How am i supposed to move on if i still love her? If i still think about her every second of every day? if i cant sleep cuz i try repeat all those beautiful conversations in my head? Idk if i can cope
    Didn't your parents already show you what a bad idea that is?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, more of a History whizz but I have a fair amount of physics knowledge too
    Which is your favourite?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.