Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody and sorry if this is the wrong forum section.

I am very much afraid that I won't succeed in passing this year of university, in which case I plan to repeat the year. Since I will be repeating essentially only one module, I have decided that it is viable of me to find a job, maybe even a full-time job while essentially studying. This is so because there will barely be two lectures per week, which I can manage while working.

That said, I naturally still won't have a degree, so I'm unsure what kinds of full-time jobs would be available for me without any work experience or qualifications. So my questions is, has anyone of you ever done this before? Did it work out for you? What job did you do? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kx5)
    Hello everybody and sorry if this is the wrong forum section.

I am very much afraid that I won't succeed in passing this year of university, in which case I plan to repeat the year. Since I will be repeating essentially only one module, I have decided that it is viable of me to find a job, maybe even a full-time job while essentially studying. This is so because there will barely be two lectures per week, which I can manage while working.

That said, I naturally still won't have a degree, so I'm unsure what kinds of full-time jobs would be available for me without any work experience or qualifications. So my questions is, has anyone of you ever done this before? Did it work out for you? What job did you do? Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    well if you are just doing one module then getting a job should be fine. You should apply for something in retail rather than something related to your course. But still if you think you're going to fail one module why not just get it out of the way now? I'm sure you could do it!

ReputationRep:
    Well, what is going on right now is the following:

My module consists of 3 assignments, from all of which you need to have 40% to pass. I got an absolute 0 at my first assignment, and I'm unable to complete the 2nd which is due in a few days, which means I'm failing because no matter what marks I get in assignment 2 or 3, if it's less than at 80% I fail, and 80% in either one of the two is impossible for me.

Many thanks though for your faith in me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.