Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I left uni in December, due to not liking my course, and at the time my main plan was simply to return there to do a different course. I applied to other universities as well just in case. My reasons for wanting to go back were that I liked the city, the sports team I was in, I had some good friends and I had also just started talking to a girl I'd liked for a while. I felt pretty depressed after I left, this affected my mindset and so I messed up with the girl by just not showing her enough interest, I've been back once since two months down the line and suddenly felt like an outsider, obviously everyone has moved on and I don't feel like I fit in at all anymore. I'm now in a dilemma as to whether it would be good for me to return there, as I still love the city and I still have friends there but I'm worried it will be too tinged with sadness for having messed up with the girl of my dreams, and also will feel weird redoing first year with completely different people in the same place. Has anyone been in a similar situation before or got any advice they could give me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevieboy078)
    I left uni in December, due to not liking my course, and at the time my main plan was simply to return there to do a different course. I applied to other universities as well just in case. My reasons for wanting to go back were that I liked the city, the sports team I was in, I had some good friends and I had also just started talking to a girl I'd liked for a while. I felt pretty depressed after I left, this affected my mindset and so I messed up with the girl by just not showing her enough interest, I've been back once since two months down the line and suddenly felt like an outsider, obviously everyone has moved on and I don't feel like I fit in at all anymore. I'm now in a dilemma as to whether it would be good for me to return there, as I still love the city and I still have friends there but I'm worried it will be too tinged with sadness for having messed up with the girl of my dreams, and also will feel weird redoing first year with completely different people in the same place. Has anyone been in a similar situation before or got any advice they could give me?
    That depends, how close are you with your current friends. I think it would be good to start in a new uni and start completely fresh. You can take what you learnt and apply it to a new place.

Anyone else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.