Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most embarrassing moment on the train/tube/plane? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was with my 5 year old nephew on the tube a few months ago and this good looking guy came on the tube and sat opposite me. He was reading his book so I don't think he caught me looking at him. My nephew though, saw me staring at me and was like really loudly, "You wanted that boy opposite to sit next to you didn't you?"

The guy looked up and burst out laughing. I blushed so much.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing what kids notice.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww!
    Luckily I haven't had any *knocks on wood*

ReputationRep:
    god what a douche your nephew is. freeze out time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have embarrassing moments, but this happens often on the train:

When you're falling asleep and kick up, hoping nobody saw. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormallyIndecent)
    Awwww!
    Luckily I haven't had any *knocks on wood*
    not mine I hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    I don't really have embarrassing moments, but this happens often on the train:

When you're falling asleep and kick up, hoping nobody saw. :indiff:
    I once farted myself awake on the train with a fair distance left in the journey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Amazing what kids notice.
    My nephew is so observant smh

(Original post by samharrison)
    god what a douche your nephew is. freeze out time.
    Urgh I have never been so embarrassed. He doesn't have a filter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    My nephew is so observant smh

Urgh I have never been so embarrassed. He doesn't have a filter.
    give him a filter, some rolling paper and some tobacco and get him into smoking...that'll teach him

ReputationRep:
    Said this story a million times on here before but when I was on the plane last time and I took a panic attack and grabbed the guy beside me full force instead of the arm rest by accident. He wasn't impressed and I couldn't apologise enough. I was mortified. Not been on a plane since and I still cringe thinking back on it.

ReputationRep:
    Put my suitcase on top awkwardly and it fell on some girls head.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thrown him off the next stop. I might not even wait, find an opening and chuck him.

ReputationRep:
    I was on a tube and I felt something near my arm, I didn't pay attention to it though. But then my whole family were trying to cover their smirks. I turned around and it was a chiuaua and i screamed, (kinda scared of dogs).

ReputationRep:
    Being drunk in the cockpit at the controls of a commercial flight. True story. Plane wasn't in the air tbh though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've been in a few drunk arguments on buses. I don't really remember anything particular.

Well I was on a flight from Vienna to London a few years back and I sat in between two fairly large people. Now I have nothing against people who are a bit fatter than most, but these two were...
    Anyway the flight goes on, nothing special just a mediocre intra-European shuttle, but the meal service came, and as the the flight attended handed my seatmate's food, she dropped it all over me...I was covered in pasta sauce and not happy. Unfortunately they couldn't give me fresh clothes, but did offer me a chance to use the arrivals lounge in Heathrow, which have showers.
    Not my best moment

I regularly fall of the bus as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I was with my 5 year old nephew on the tube a few months ago and this good looking guy came on the tube and sat opposite me. He was reading his book so I don't think he caught me looking at him. My nephew though, saw me staring at me and was like really loudly, "You wanted that boy opposite to sit next to you didn't you?"

The guy looked up and burst out laughing. I blushed so much.

my lil bro once vomited inside a minicab like all over the seat (we were on the motorway at this point)

was so awkward so we paid the guy £20 extra.

ReputationRep:
    Once I was really tired on a train and was staring into space.

Then I looked into this guy's eyes and sort of got into an awkward staring contest with him.

He was a pretty mean looking guy and for a moment I thought he was gonna come over to where I was sitting.

I looked away and didn't look at him again. Really nervous at this point.

Wimp.

Spoiler:
    Show
    In my defence I was only about 15 at the time.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have just one. JUST ONE :rofl:
    Anyhooo here we go. So I was on the metro once, phone in hand and busy chatting away while leaning against the door on the opposite side of the cabin. The door that opens on rare occasions. The metro takes off and I'm busy with my phone all the time till....
    ...we get to a station where the door on which I was leaning opened without any warning :erm:. And out popped a surprised and shaken Hamoody straight onto the crowd waiting to hop onto the metro :rofl:
    I never used my phone on the metro again

ReputationRep:
    This happened whilst I was travelling with my mom in the Dubai metro. Some young Middle Eastern guys started saying(out loud) racist stuff about Indians and Pakistanis - when literally the whole carriage was full of Indians and Pakistanis. Thankfully, no one in there was the confrontational type so everyone sorta kept silent. It was still VERY cringe-worthy tho...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.