Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone signed up to NCS for this year?

ReputationRep:
    Me, from 23rd July,from London! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    Me, from 23rd July,from London! What about you?
    I'm applying for those dates too from London! Except the website is not working very well so I'm struggling to sign up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordofthehumans)
    I'm applying for those dates too from London! Except the website is not working very well so I'm struggling to sign up
    Great, I hope we get to meet! I'm from North London,you?

ReputationRep:
    Use this site, it's better http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/

ReputationRep:
    Great, I hope we get to meet! I'm from North London,you?
    I'm from south london! apparently we are put with people from our local area so we probably won't meet :cry2: and that website was great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from south london! apparently we are put with people from our local area so we probably won't meet :cry2: and that website was great thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aewh, darn it! Ohwell. It was nice meeting you and you never know maybe we will see each other at the graduation!
    And no problem with the website

ReputationRep:
    Use this site, it's better http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/
    Bugger, I used this site: http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think somewhere I read that most of the groups were borough based or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafcannon)
    Yeah, I think somewhere I read that most of the groups were borough based or something like that.
    it's a shame cos we're more likely to meet people we know

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Aewh, darn it! Ohwell. It was nice meeting you and you never know maybe we will see each other at the graduation!
    And no problem with the website
    Hopefully! I'm not at all looking forward to the outdoor activities :coma: but I'm still quite excited!

ReputationRep:
    it's a shame cos we're more likely to meet people we know
    Well, not necessarily - it might depend on how large your area is population-wise, what dates you're allocated or whether or not you go to school in the area might have an effect. A larger community population should mean that there is less chance that you'll run into someone you know.

Besides, I think NCS themselves might arrange the groups so that there aren't too many familiar faces.

ReputationRep:
    I've signed up. Apparently I should get a phone call in a few weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! I'm not at all looking forward to the outdoor activities :coma: but I'm still quite excited!
    The outdoor activities are the best. I remember we were given free reign in the largest lake in England. Had a boat race with some friends. Damn good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafcannon)
    Well, not necessarily - it might depend on how large your area is population-wise, what dates you're allocated or whether or not you go to school in the area might have an effect. A larger community population should mean that there is less chance that you'll run into someone you know.

Besides, I think NCS themselves might arrange the groups so that there aren't too many familiar faces.
    I live in quite a small area so I hope they do

ReputationRep:
    I have just signed up for the 25th July in Devon so excited

ReputationRep:
    I've signed up for the 4th July? anyone else? south west

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the 4th July NCS west and I can't wait signed up today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am applying for NCS this summer but I don't know which skills to apply for. I'm currently thinking Photography, Music and Art. I love Art but I don't know if I will find it boring and if maybe I should try another skill. I think it would be worth it if there was a showing of our work at the end. Has anyone done any of the aforementioned skills? Any experience of them would be highly appreciated!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.