Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 atm so taking the new a levels. I'm doing OCR A Physics, but struggling with the new style of qs. To prepare for my mock I completed loads of the old mechanics papers and did quite well in them yet they seemed very different and easier than the new papers. How would you recommend to revise for physics? Are the old papers even worth doing and if not what should I do instead? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    I'm in year 12 atm so taking the new a levels. I'm doing OCR A Physics, but struggling with the new style of qs. To prepare for my mock I completed loads of the old mechanics papers and did quite well in them yet they seemed very different and easier than the new papers. How would you recommend to revise for physics? Are the old papers even worth doing and if not what should I do instead? Thanks in advance
    Maybe try questions from a range of sources, so that you're practicing applying the knowledge rather than just learning how to answer ocr's questions. IsaacPhysics might help but it's not the most exciting website, although my physics has improved a lot since I started using it, and I wish I used it while I was doing A-Level physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex621)
    Maybe try questions from a range of sources, so that you're practicing applying the knowledge rather than just learning how to answer ocr's questions. IsaacPhysics might help but it's not the most exciting website, although my physics has improved a lot since I started using it, and I wish I used it while I was doing A-Level physics.
    Thanks, i'll give it a go

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.