Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mathematics skills are not AMAZING to say the least (as my B grade at GCSE had shown), but applying and getting into course would be my dream come true.

I was wondering how much mathematics would be involved in the course? I imagine most of it would be taught/studied throughout but for example at interviews, what type of math skills would they expect you to be able to show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    My mathematics skills are not AMAZING to say the least (as my B grade at GCSE had shown), but applying and getting into course would be my dream come true.

I was wondering how much mathematics would be involved in the course? I imagine most of it would be taught/studied throughout but for example at interviews, what type of math skills would they expect you to be able to show?
    Hi! I hope this isn't late. Not doing PBS there(or anything in that matter) but talked to a few people doing the course. Maths involved is just statistics that you could a grasp of > what the girl doing it told me! And it's my impression from their website only one of the compulsory papers in Year 1 includes some mathematics.

So go for it and don't lose hope because of your GCSE, it's the AS strength that matters. Moreover when choosing your a levels don't feel the need to take math but do AS math if you could just to show that you have a background.

I've been told that in interview you're given a study or experiment and are asked about it(independent/dependent variables & such as in psychology a level) but do show that you have read on psychology especially on your PS and I imagine you'd also be asked about stuff in interview.

In addition, show that you've gone beyond the curriculum but I personally advice on showing what you're confident about discussing in real life. Do show something in the admissions test comprehension part (writing) & show something else in interview just so that they could see your continuous progress in reading around the area you're applying for!
    Here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ampaign=buffer > skim over to Dr Sam Lucy's part

A lot of pooling is involved in PBS but really, apply to whatever college you like. They do take a (few) people from the summer pool as well! Good luck xx

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.