Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mathematics skills are not AMAZING to say the least (as my B grade at GCSE had shown), but applying and getting into course would be my dream come true.

I was wondering how much mathematics would be involved in the course? I imagine most of it would be taught/studied throughout but for example at interviews, what type of math skills would they expect you to be able to show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    My mathematics skills are not AMAZING to say the least (as my B grade at GCSE had shown), but applying and getting into course would be my dream come true.

I was wondering how much mathematics would be involved in the course? I imagine most of it would be taught/studied throughout but for example at interviews, what type of math skills would they expect you to be able to show?
    Hi! I hope this isn't late. Not doing PBS there(or anything in that matter) but talked to a few people doing the course. Maths involved is just statistics that you could a grasp of > what the girl doing it told me! And it's my impression from their website only one of the compulsory papers in Year 1 includes some mathematics.

So go for it and don't lose hope because of your GCSE, it's the AS strength that matters. Moreover when choosing your a levels don't feel the need to take math but do AS math if you could just to show that you have a background.

I've been told that in interview you're given a study or experiment and are asked about it(independent/dependent variables & such as in psychology a level) but do show that you have read on psychology especially on your PS and I imagine you'd also be asked about stuff in interview.

In addition, show that you've gone beyond the curriculum but I personally advice on showing what you're confident about discussing in real life. Do show something in the admissions test comprehension part (writing) & show something else in interview just so that they could see your continuous progress in reading around the area you're applying for!
    Here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ampaign=buffer > skim over to Dr Sam Lucy's part

A lot of pooling is involved in PBS but really, apply to whatever college you like. They do take a (few) people from the summer pool as well! Good luck xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.