Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you want to be with someone who's less attractive than you? Watch

Well if i'm attracted to them i'll be attracted to them regardless.....
    although the chances of finding someone less attractive than me is incredibly slim :rofl: so guess i'll have to settle for a more attractive girl how hard tbf tho i do worry that i will feel like i don't deserve her if that ever happened like if i'm being honest being with a really attractive girl would make me feel a bit insecure bc she could have anyone

(Original post by AJP98)
    Did I say no...? Damn I've been on this website a day and all I've had is snarkiness and bitter people, shame, it's made out to be such a great community...
    It was a rhetorical question mate and you're probably a troll so don't take anything I said personally. I responded to your post to counter the "it's all about personality" view which some girls will inevitably repeat.

And I am not bitter I'm making a general observation: Guys who're good looking are never single. No matter what kind of personality they've got. Clearly then, personality is not the main factor here.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose if we get on and (dare I say it) can have fun banter then there's no problem. Obviously I'm not saying looks mean nothing (after all, its good to feel physically attracted to someone as much as emotionally). For me, it has to be someone who makes me laugh and has common interests (although the vanity in me would quite like a guy whose around 5'10 - 6'2 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It was a rhetorical question mate and you're probably a troll so don't take anything I said personally. I responded to your post to counter the "it's all about personality" view which some girls will inevitably repeat.

And I am not bitter I'm making a general observation: Guys who're good looking are never single. No matter what kind of personality they've got. Clearly then, personality is not the main factor here.
    What?

Sorry it's just in the last half hour, I've been told im probably a middle aged creep, that my profile picture in a vest top wasn't okay because this 'isn't babe station', that i'm not allowed to fund raise here and a few other things... just noticing how everyone seems to be a bit blunt here...(':

ReputationRep:
    hey girls i'm an aesthetic disaster date me

(Original post by AJP98)
    What?

Sorry it's just in the last half hour, I've been told im probably a middle aged creep, that my profile picture in a vest top wasn't okay because this 'isn't babe station', that i'm not allowed to fund raise here and a few other things... just noticing how everyone seems to be a bit blunt here...(':
    The anonymity of the internet tends to increase aggression. Nothing personal.

On-topic please.

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for people who don't trust their partners not to cheat. The only way to overcome that is to date people you trust, regardless of how they look.

ReputationRep:
    If he laughs at my dead jokes then he's the one regardless of his appearance

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, this is generally rubbish, just like guys they want to date models. Mind you, just occasionally you do get a very pretty girl who cares about more than looks. A couple of my successes prove this.

ReputationRep:
    If I am attracted to him, then I don't really care if he is conventionally attractive.

That being said, I'm looking for more than just one night, so there needs to be something going on behind the eyes too.

(Original post by Zarek)
    To be honest, this is generally rubbish, just like guys they want to date models. Mind you, just occasionally you do get a very pretty girl who cares about more than looks. A couple of my successes prove this.
    Most guys I know have disgustingly low standards when it comes to short-term flings. It's probably the reverse in girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    nope, personality is the biggest deal breaker for me. Would prefer a guy that was bigger than me eg: either muscular or just larger built than I was but that's still not a huge issue just a preference
    *towers over you...before staring at the ground disappointed*

If he's average looking then I wouldn't give a crap. It's his personality and the way he carries himself that matters the most

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't care about looks. As long as you're tall, dark and handsome then you're good to go and it's all about personality.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When I was younger I used to think it would be better for my self esteem to be with someone who was uglier than me because then I would be the hottest in the relationship (in theory) but when me and my bf first got together he was the double of Jared Leto and I had short hair and glasses and looked like Alan Carr so he was deffo the hotter one in the relationship and it actually made me feel more confident to be with someone hotter than me. Now he's changed dramatically looks wise and so have I.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.