Turn on thread page Beta

Will the possibility of a second Scottish referendum influence your Brexit vote? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    In a decade at the very least. Why should there be another one so soon? Is the plan for us to continue holding referenda until Scotland becomes independent?
    There isn't really any kind of rule for it. My view is it's just a matter of time, so may as well get it over with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otester)
    Nazis picked on certain groups but they weren't anti-immigration, towards the end of the war the army was largely made up of immigrants.
    Point 8 of the NSDAP's 25 point program:

"8. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    There isn't really any kind of rule for it. My view is it's just a matter of time, so may as well get it over with.
    We did get it over with though, less than 2 years ago. It's absurd. We'd barely got the results in for the referendum and the SNP nut jobs were talking about how soon we can have another one. The vote happened, those living in scotland voted to stay, respect that and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Point 8 of the NSDAP's 25 point program:

"8. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately."
    That's rather vague when also considering options for integration.

ReputationRep:
    When do you believe the Scottish should be able to hold another referendum on indepenence?
    If there is a considerable demand for one, then the UK Government should consider it at the very least "in a generation" - something all political parties, including the SNP, were happy to support before the last referendum.

How long is a generation? I don't know, but let's say probably about 20 years minimum.

Frankly I'd like to see the whole nonsense of Scottish nationalism die a quiet death over the next decade and not trouble us again. It's an incredibly divisive and unpleasant force that has left Scotland far worse off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otester)
    That's rather vague when also considering options for integration.
    You're going to have to expand on what you mean here I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    We did get it over with though, less than 2 years ago. It's absurd. We'd barely got the results in for the referendum and the SNP nut jobs were talking about how soon we can have another one. The vote happened, those living in scotland voted to stay, respect that and move on.
    Well, I'd suggest that the result might have been different if it had been forseeable that the UK might leave the EU. If sufficient people vote the SNP in to the Scottish Parliament then that would seem a clear indication of the desire for another referendum, given the SNP's dedication to that cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    The Scottish have the right to do what they want but I think leaving the EU is insanity in the first place.
    really and what about the rest of the uk then

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.