Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got atleast three exams every single day for the next week and i haven't revised once!? I wont be able to do anything tomorrow so what i'm planning to do is cram for all exams on monday on sunday, and cram for all my exams on tuesday on monday, and cram for all my exams on Wednesday on Tuesday etc. for the rest of the week! Do you think i have any chance? An stories about similar cramming success stories really appreciated. Also any tips on how to cram successfully for three exams the next day would be really helpful. Thankyou! This is for my GCSE mocks by the way but i still need to get good grades on them due to this group i'm in whos members are expected to get As in everything- really shouldn't be in it but oh well! :
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AutumnSummers)
    So I got atleast three exams every single day for the next week and i haven't revised once!? I wont be able to do anything tomorrow so what i'm planning to do is cram for all exams on monday on sunday, and cram for all my exams on tuesday on monday, and cram for all my exams on Wednesday on Tuesday etc. for the rest of the week! Do you think i have any chance? An stories about similar cramming success stories really appreciated. Also any tips on how to cram successfully for three exams the next day would be really helpful. Thankyou! This is for my GCSE mocks by the way but i still need to get good grades on them due to this group i'm in whos members are expected to get As in everything- really shouldn't be in it but oh well! :
    Go over the content once by reading through the textbooks, making notes and answering the questions set, and then do past papers from then. In truth, if you've paid attention in class and done homework then you might've retained some of that information and can just 'wing it' and pass your mocks.

These are just mocks, so as long as you do well in the real thing (and get the predictions that you need) then this is just something to learn from. If you get kicked out of that group, well, I don't know how good it is or how important it is but you don't have to be in it

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Go over the content once by reading through the textbooks, making notes and answering the questions set, and then do past papers from then. In truth, if you've paid attention in class and done homework then you might've retained some of that information and can just 'wing it' and pass your mocks.

These are just mocks, so as long as you do well in the real thing (and get the predictions that you need) then this is just something to learn from. If you get kicked out of that group, well, I don't know how good it is or how important it is but you don't have to be in it

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice! Will try and follow your instructions but no promises with my procrastination record
    This is true- I'm hoping for my real ones I'll be much more prepared. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Um I guess you haven't any other option since you haven't revised at all. Cramming works for me only if I cram the same day as the exam, cramming the night before never usually works because I forget it after I've slept. So, I'd say do normal revision on the night time, a few hours with breaks and testing yourself is so important, then the morning of the exam/s wake up an hour or so earlier and cram a bunch of revision in. When I cram I usually type out the revision guide in my own words or type out an online revision source in my own words. This way I'm not missing out ANY content (as your school book or other notes you've taken may have knowledge gaps).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.