Cramming for three exams a day for a week?

Watch this thread
AutumnSummers
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I got atleast three exams every single day for the next week and i haven't revised once!? I wont be able to do anything tomorrow so what i'm planning to do is cram for all exams on monday on sunday, and cram for all my exams on tuesday on monday, and cram for all my exams on Wednesday on Tuesday etc. for the rest of the week! Do you think i have any chance? An stories about similar cramming success stories really appreciated. Also any tips on how to cram successfully for three exams the next day would be really helpful. Thankyou! This is for my GCSE mocks by the way but i still need to get good grades on them due to this group i'm in whos members are expected to get As in everything- really shouldn't be in it but oh well! :
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AutumnSummers)
So I got atleast three exams every single day for the next week and i haven't revised once!? I wont be able to do anything tomorrow so what i'm planning to do is cram for all exams on monday on sunday, and cram for all my exams on tuesday on monday, and cram for all my exams on Wednesday on Tuesday etc. for the rest of the week! Do you think i have any chance? An stories about similar cramming success stories really appreciated. Also any tips on how to cram successfully for three exams the next day would be really helpful. Thankyou! This is for my GCSE mocks by the way but i still need to get good grades on them due to this group i'm in whos members are expected to get As in everything- really shouldn't be in it but oh well! :
Go over the content once by reading through the textbooks, making notes and answering the questions set, and then do past papers from then. In truth, if you've paid attention in class and done homework then you might've retained some of that information and can just 'wing it' and pass your mocks.

These are just mocks, so as long as you do well in the real thing (and get the predictions that you need) then this is just something to learn from. If you get kicked out of that group, well, I don't know how good it is or how important it is but you don't have to be in it

Good luck!
AutumnSummers
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
Go over the content once by reading through the textbooks, making notes and answering the questions set, and then do past papers from then. In truth, if you've paid attention in class and done homework then you might've retained some of that information and can just 'wing it' and pass your mocks.

These are just mocks, so as long as you do well in the real thing (and get the predictions that you need) then this is just something to learn from. If you get kicked out of that group, well, I don't know how good it is or how important it is but you don't have to be in it

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! Will try and follow your instructions but no promises with my procrastination record
This is true- I'm hoping for my real ones I'll be much more prepared. Thanks!
glowanti
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Um I guess you haven't any other option since you haven't revised at all. Cramming works for me only if I cram the same day as the exam, cramming the night before never usually works because I forget it after I've slept. So, I'd say do normal revision on the night time, a few hours with breaks and testing yourself is so important, then the morning of the exam/s wake up an hour or so earlier and cram a bunch of revision in. When I cram I usually type out the revision guide in my own words or type out an online revision source in my own words. This way I'm not missing out ANY content (as your school book or other notes you've taken may have knowledge gaps).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (83)
41.5%
The paper was reasonable (91)
45.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
7.5%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.5%

Watched Threads