Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a international relationship from different backgrounds work? watch

From the beginning of this year I've been doing a placement in France found through my university after graduating. I come from a working class British background so this opportunity is very rare, it totally changed my life so it's well worth it.

I have to stay in a apartment with other internationals, I became very close to one girl from Azerbaijan who I became good friends with as well as being sexual with her. I am aware a lot of women go for just my looks so at this point don't know if she fancies me or just someone wants to have sex with. She comes from a extremely wealthy background in fact she's told me that her dad is a multimillionaire so she use to having a privaliged lifestyle. I know a lot women do this but don't know about men going out with extremely wealthy women. I will never be able to afford what she can, I don't want be with someone for their money, it's theirs not mine. The fact we also come from opposite sides of the world might be a bit complicated but I find myself being quite attracted to her.

Is it worth me making a move on her and how could I make this relationship work?

ReputationRep:
    Rich guy from Azerbaijan? Obviously an arms dealer, you better marry her or run before her father finds out and you lose an arm.

(Original post by whorace)
    Rich guy from Azerbaijan? Obviously an arms dealer, you better marry her or run before her father finds out and you lose an arm.
    From what I know he owns a company that trades oil. Think it's a common way to become rich in the country.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.