Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing a full A level in physics in a year as it wasnt an option this year (only like 2 people picked it so the school didnt run it). Im currently in year 12 and doing 6 A levels but I'll be dropping chemistry next year (not feeling it at all). Any advice???
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Raban)
    I was thinking of doing a full A level in physics in a year as it wasnt an option this year (only like 2 people picked it so the school didnt run it). Im currently in year 12 and doing 6 A levels but I'll be dropping chemistry next year (not feeling it at all). Any advice???
    My advice would be to seriously consider whether doing 6 A-levels next year (5 + Physics) is absolutely necessary, and whether you could afford to drop more and the most important ones that you need for university.

I know of people who have studied Physics in one year on the old spec and done perfectly well but that doesn't say much about the new spec
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Raban)
    You are able to study the new (2015) Physics syllabus in "1 year" and sit your final exams in Summer 2017.

You will probably find that your school/college are not able to accommodate you in the lessons for both year 1 and 2 due to timetabling and studying with a distance learning or online provider as a Private Candidate would be your most likely option.

If you are already studying 6 A levels, I do not think there is a University anywhere in the UK who would expect you to have completed a 7th!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.