Calling out people with low IQs Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It isnt.
    true i guess people are pretty honest about the shitness of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    true i guess people are pretty honest about the shitness of it
    I've rather enjoyed the stability it's afforded me.

ReputationRep:
    tbf i think richard feynman's iq was only 125 or something like that

but then he wasn't the greatest scientist of all time. far from it.
    He was/is one of the greatest at explaining science.

ReputationRep:
    Since when is an IQ of 130 low? 100 is supposed to be the average... (thereabouts, at least).

ReputationRep:
    tbf i think richard feynman's iq was only 125 or something like that

but then he wasn't the greatest scientist of all time. far from it.
    I've heard that the particular IQ test he done was more verbally orientated than it ought to have been and he took it as a child, where gifted children's intelligence develops slower than average. Also, at 125 he stood out as having a considerably lower IQ than most other scientists, but still higher than the majority of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    He was/is one of the greatest at explaining science.
    i disagree.

ReputationRep:
    People with low IQs tend to be more happy-go-lucky about life. I'm quite envious tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    What about the highly successful scientists and majority of artists with very high IQs
    What about Ben Carson? A neurosurgeon who has made an absolute mess of the US republican presidential race. He says stupid things and misquotes Stalin for a meme on the internet.

Intelligence doesn't correlate like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It isnt.
    do you work for tsr? if so i guess you're sucking up to the boss

as ben folds sang in "*******", "kids today are getting old too fast they can't wait to grow up so they can kiss some ass" or somethin like that

ReputationRep:
    i disagree.
    Who do you think is the best at explaining science?

ReputationRep:
    do you work for tsr? if so i guess you're sucking up to the boss
    I do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Who do you think is the best at explaining science?
    me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdisgruntled)
    What about Ben Carson? A neurosurgeon who has made an absolute mess of the US republican presidential race. He says stupid things and misquotes Stalin for a meme on the internet.

Intelligence doesn't correlate like that.
    Look, it is foolish to be overly proud about one's own IQ cause it is meaningless without applying it. However, most of the people who trot out the "IQ isn't a measure of intelligence", line are people who score poorly on them and so are bitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I do not.
    fair enough

we'll just have to disagree on work. i don't enjoy working. it's good for you that you do
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CantGainWeight)
    If your IQ is lower than 130, how do you carry on living a normal life?
    (Original post by Reue)
    Strong words from the guy incapable of holding down a job.
    And also studying sex ed.

ReputationRep:
    Look, it is foolish to be overly proud about one's own IQ cause it is meaningless without applying it. However, most of the people who trot out the "IQ isn't a measure of intelligence", line are people who score poorly on them and so are bitter
    feynman is a prime example

ReputationRep:
    feynman is a prime example
    He scored low in comparison to scientists, but much higher than the vast majority of people. We also don't know how accurate that particular IQ test was

ReputationRep:
    Some of the questions the IQ test brings forward are actually culturally bias.

I mean I moved around a lot since I was younger so in terms of knowing much about the culture I live in, I'm a tad crap at that. Aside from the numerical side, the test is practically useless in general.

I'd also avoid growing to fond of that value of yours because hey, it doesn't do much other than show everyone else you're great at judging people based on some numbers :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantGainWeight)
    If your IQ is lower than 130, how do you carry on living a normal life?
    you called my Lord?
    Name:  I1.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  35.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I think that IQ is a poor way of measuring intelligence. That means that I am highly likely to have taken an IQ test and scored poorly and I am bitter about it?

It's this kind of one-dimensional thinking that brought about the pathetic IQ tests in the first place. IQ tries to measure intelligence but it actually measures your score on a test focused on a few puzzles, nothing more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.