Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgan_123)
    Surely the person would have comitted both S9(1)(a) and S9(1)(b) as they intended to steal and they did steal, a website I found says "in many instances the same conduct could amount to an offence under both sections but not always"

I'm not so sure now. I'll have to check with my teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by null.and.void.)

I'm not so sure now. I'll have to check with my teacher.
    Have a look at January 2012 Q7, the mark scheme clearly says that 9(1)a is complete at the point of entry. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/64635-m...aw-january.pdf

However, I am confused as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! did they predict section B and C at all?

I think I'm going to study in depth the likely topics then skim over the ones from last year otherwise it's just too much
    What came up last year? Can't seem to access the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, from what we have been told it is very unlikely that omissions will appear however, your right. Anything could come up as this is OCR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    I can only remember that consent, strict liability and special defences were on section A.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! did they predict section B and C at all?

I think I'm going to study in depth the likely topics then skim over the ones from last year otherwise it's just too much
    with B there is always a property question, homicide and non-fatal aspect. i think defences are likely to come up this year. invol/vol manslaughter and/or murder almost always comes up

section C is unpredictable, it could be anything

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have Section A answers written up for the cases for the special study paper they'd be willing to email me? Please, it would be so appreciated 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm really struggling on the A02 side of things, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    with B there is always a property question, homicide and non-fatal aspect. i think defences are likely to come up this year. invol/vol manslaughter and/or murder almost always comes up

section C is unpredictable, it could be anything
    Great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Summer 2015 exam paper:

Section A: Consent
    Strict Liability
    Voluntary manslaughter

Section B: Theft, Burglary and robbery
    Murder, attempts and intention
    Automatism and insanity

Section C: Offences against the person
    Involuntary manslaughter

ReputationRep:
    Summer 2015 exam paper:

Section A: Consent
    Strict Liability
    Voluntary manslaughter

Section B: Theft, Burglary and robbery
    Murder, attempts and intention
    Automatism and insanity

Section C: Offences against the person
    Involuntary manslaughter
    Thanks! If Omissions, Causation, SL, MR, Attempts or Murder come up then it would be perfect

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously not looking forward to revising strict liability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by null.and.void.)
    I'm seriously not looking forward to revising strict liability.
    Why?! It's possibly the nicest topic after AR I think

ReputationRep:
    Why?! It's possibly the nicest topic after AR I think
    It's fairly straightforward, but it probably won't come up as an essay. However, SL makes very nice section C questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09876543211)
    It's fairly straightforward, but it probably won't come up as an essay. However, SL makes very nice section C questions.
    I'm pretty sure it came up in Section A in 2013 so it is due! (I'm hoping anyway aha)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it came up in Section A in 2013 so it is due! (I'm hoping anyway aha)
    It was on the 2015 paper.

ReputationRep:
    It was on the 2015 paper.
    Ahh really? if you was to make a prediction what would it be for this year?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh really? if you was to make a prediction what would it be for this year?
    It is very tricky to do any kind of predictions with OCR, for example: in Sources of Law module they tend to alter the topics each year, but Statutory Interpretation came up 3 years in a row now, so I don't know what to expect.
    However, I would like to think that intoxication comes up since it was a special study last year, also I think it is possible for Attempts or Oblique intent to come up, but that's just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    It is very tricky to do any kind of predictions with OCR, for example: in Sources of Law module they tend to alter the topics each year, but Statutory Interpretation came up 3 years in a row now, so I don't know what to expect.
    However, I would like to think that intoxication comes up since it was a special study last year, also I think it is possible for Attempts or Oblique intent to come up, but that's just a guess.
    Very true, i done that resit this year and was pretty shocked to see it.

ReputationRep:
    hey i need help, ive left it a week to revise for my criminal paper and ive totally forgot the layout of the paper as im not in college any more im just doing it as an external student. I know you have to answer 2 50 mark questions and another which has less marks. But i really dont know what youre meant to include is it 8 cases and how do you start and finish the essays? Also needs a lot of help with part C question as my teachers never taught us it properly last year and the layout of it.

Many thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.