Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard of ncs and apparantly there is a all girls one. has anyone been or is going?

ReputationRep:
    HI,

I have heard of NCS but not the all girls one. Me and my friends have applied for NCS this summer and we're pretty excited to go there. It sounds fun and would probably be a great experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizaaaaaas)
    HI,

I have heard of NCS but not the all girls one. Me and my friends have applied for NCS this summer and we're pretty excited to go there. It sounds fun and would probably be a great experience
    Didn't know there was an all girls one. I've also applied this yr, for 1st of August. I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilla16ii)
    Didn't know there was an all girls one. I've also applied this yr, for 1st of August. I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have applied for the 11th July one, maybe we'll cross over? xD

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe hopefully I'll meet some nice people.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, think I'm going to the 11th July one too ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I am going and it depends on whether boys choose to go so if no boys want to go then of course it will be all girls but normally they are mixed but depends on numbers
    (Original post by killerqueen16)
    has anyone heard of ncs and apparantly there is a all girls one. has anyone been or is going?

ReputationRep:
    pls don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Tia_)
    Cool! We'll get to know each other better there then!

ReputationRep:
    Cool! We'll get to know each other better there then!
    Yeah that'll be cool 😄

ReputationRep:
    I went last summer, it was a good experience I haven't heard of an all girls one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Tia_)
    Im going on 11th July as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burgundyfire)
    Im going on 11th July as well
    same !!!!

ReputationRep:
    killerqueen16 burgundyfire Cool maybe we will see each other there

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm going on the 11th of July.

Are you going to Falmouth, Croyde or Ultimate Adventure Centre?

ReputationRep:
    Been on it guys and would advise you not too get your hopes up to high - its nothing like they advertise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    Been on it guys and would advise you not too get your hopes up to high - its nothing like they advertise
    Oh really? How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennedDown)
    Oh really? How so?
    Basically, because young offendors are sent on NCS as part of their rehatilibation programme you get some 'characters'.

We got send down to Scotland where we dormed about 20 to a cabin (with no barriers separating beds) and two portaloos between us. Four of the 20 people in my dorm took ecsatcy in the night and one threatened to shave the eyebrows off anyone who went to sleep; so I didn't get the best night sleep We also didnt do any of the cool activities they advertised, we did a day of puzzles and a hike.

The second week I asked to do sport but got stuck doing media; but all in all it wasnt that bad and I had some good fun.

The final week was absolute chaos. On the final day you're meant to be a charity day where you go out into the local town and spread awareness about a charity you make. NCS didnt tell the council so were evicted out of the town by the police and had to wait in a park for the rest of the day. So basically a whole week of planning our event day amounted to nothing; defeating the whole purpose

However, don't let me put you off. I think I just went with a particulary bad group. I did have some good fun amongst the mayhem as well

ReputationRep:
    never heard of the all girls one

I'm going to the South Glouctershire one so, chyeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    Basically, because young offendors are sent on NCS as part of their rehatilibation programme you get some 'characters'.

We got send down to Scotland where we dormed about 20 to a cabin (with no barriers separating beds) and two portaloos between us. Four of the 20 people in my dorm took ecsatcy in the night and one threatened to shave the eyebrows off anyone who went to sleep; so I didn't get the best night sleep We also didnt do any of the cool activities they advertised, we did a day of puzzles and a hike.

The second week I asked to do sport but got stuck doing media; but all in all it wasnt that bad and I had some good fun.

The final week was absolute chaos. On the final day you're meant to be a charity day where you go out into the local town and spread awareness about a charity you make. NCS didnt tell the council so were evicted out of the town by the police and had to wait in a park for the rest of the day. So basically a whole week of planning our event day amounted to nothing; defeating the whole purpose

However, don't let me put you off. I think I just went with a particulary bad group. I did have some good fun amongst the mayhem as well
    That sounds fun loool, well from my perspective at least xD Wow you got to go Scotland?? We're just going to Bath -_-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.