Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a mature student wanting to aim to study medicine. I sat a levels back in 2001 in history , english literature and media studies (not really knowing at ths time what i wanted to do) .i cant seem to find out if i could have a chance at this if i studied a levels in biology, chemistry and another subject through distance learning? When i emailed sheffield they said i couldnt , but looking back at the email im not sure if they thought i meant id studied these subjects before and would be trying to resit them. Surely if im studying these for the first tme and get good grades i should be in with a shot? Any advice anyone? Also if this is an option which is the best home study company to go with? And is there anything else i can do to help me get a place? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can answer to the which home study company you want... currently I am doing two A levels with Oxford Open learning but I heard that ICSlearn are also good!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.