Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I have a few presentations coming up at university. I'm absolutely **** at presentation, when I say im ****, I mean i'm actually ****. Thinking of dropping a few shots before to help loosen me up, anyone done this before?

ReputationRep:
    I've done that before :getmecoat: but it worked

be very careful how much you drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    I've done that before :getmecoat: but it worked

be very careful how much you drink
    How much did you have?

ReputationRep:
    Take beta blockers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrPoopaLoopa)
    Take beta blockers.
    How do I get them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    How much did you have?
    3 shots were enough

ReputationRep:
    are you going to keep doing this every time you have a presentation at work as well? Just man up and practice the skills you will need going forwards

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine the OP stumbling into the lecture hall:

"TODAY! I'm here to... to talk tou y'all. ABOUT. How much I luuuuv you professors <3"

ReputationRep:
    3 shots were enough
    3 shots before a presentation?? What were you drinking?

ReputationRep:
    if it's that bad you might get diazepam from a gp. if it's only mild you'll get beta blockers from a gp. best to go to a gp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    3 shots before a presentation?? What were you drinking?
    lmao :rofl: I have a high tolerance. And JD

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I have a few presentations coming up at university. I'm absolutely **** at presentation, when I say im ****, I mean i'm actually ****. Thinking of dropping a few shots before to help loosen me up, anyone done this before?
    please let me know how this goes hahahahaha, i've always considered doing this before but never actually had the balls to try it

ReputationRep:
    lmao :rofl: I have a high tolerance. And JD
    that's tragic you'll ruin your purty looks

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend it. Even if you get the dose right for it to be helpful - which is a balancing act - people might smell alcohol on your breath and raise and eyebrow. There is no substitute to living with your fear for the first few times and then it really does become easier. I remember how terrified I was the first time I presented at uni and now it is a routine experience at work. Otherwise a bit of advice from your gp is worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    that's tragic you'll ruin your purty looks
    i dont drink that often, maybe once or twice a month so its cool
    and my high tolerance probably comes from my russian genes lmao

ReputationRep:
    If it's an anxiety issue, then it's worth speaking to your GP as they might be able to prescribe something to help as well as perhaps suggesting some longer term solutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    are you going to keep doing this every time you have a presentation at work as well? Just man up and practice the skills you will need going forwards
    If need be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    please let me know how this goes hahahahaha, i've always considered doing this before but never actually had the balls to try it
    I've thought about it a lot before too, but only seriously considering it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    if it's that bad you might get diazepam from a gp. if it's only mild you'll get beta blockers from a gp. best to go to a gp.
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    If it's an anxiety issue, then it's worth speaking to your GP as they might be able to prescribe something to help as well as perhaps suggesting some longer term solutions.
    I can imagine a lot of people complain to the doctors about this, I dont see them prescribing me anything anyone time soon

ReputationRep:
    3 shots were enough
    (Original post by Alexion)
    I can imagine the OP stumbling into the lecture hall:

"TODAY! I'm here to... to talk tou y'all. ABOUT. How much I luuuuv you professors <3"
    I dont think 3 shots will touch the sides, Im thinking at least a quarter bottle of something. May even offer the professors a shot or two.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.