Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

An interesting difference between Chinese and western leaders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found that most Chinese political leaders hold an engineering or scinece degree while the western leaders always were major in liberal arts during their college years.I just wonder why was that?and which one is better??

ReputationRep:
    But then again most Western leaders are voted into power in a fair and open election : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But then again most Western leaders are voted into power in a fair and open election : )
    nice

ReputationRep:
    touche

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    I found that most Chinese political leaders hold an engineering or scinece degree while the western leaders always were major in liberal arts during their college years.I just wonder why was that?and which one is better??
    The Chinese system is fundamentally different from Western political systems.

In China, leaders are appointed by a small group of people. You know about this better than I do, so I won't expand on this.

In the West, leaders are elected by the population. Therefore, they need to appeal to people, they need to persuade them they are the right choice.

You don't charm people by citing scientific formulae. You need eloquence and debating skills.

The skills needed by a politician in the West tend to be more linked to the humanities than to sciences.

In China, it seems to be the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    The Chinese system is fundamentally different from Western political systems.

In China, leaders are appointed by a small group of people. You know about this better than I do, so I won't expand on this.

In the West, leaders are elected by the population. Therefore, they need to appeal to people, they need to persuade them they are the right choice.

You don't charm people by citing scientific formulae. You need eloquence and debating skills.

The skills needed by a politician in the West tend to be more linked to the humanities than to sciences.

In China, it seems to be the contrary.
    What a good reasoning!!!thanks ,i made it clear now!

ReputationRep:
    But don't you think logical anal yzing is very important for a po litical leader??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    But don't you think logical anal yzing is very important for a po litical leader??
    nah they just need to know how to blag shamelessly, vehemently refusing to take action to rectify mistakes which they blatantly started.

eg blair and labour with his WMD allegations

ReputationRep:
    And of course the other obvious difference is that Chinese leaders have slanty eyes.

Best wishes

Prince Phillip.

ReputationRep:
    haha do you still throw spears at each other?

ummm and well not all western leaders are legally elected *george bush cough*

ReputationRep:
    I would say that the Chinese leaders should be more capable of running a country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I would say that the Chinese leaders should be more capable of running a country.
    Really? The Chinese Communist Party has run China since 1948. Take a look at the number who died because of their policies. At the moment they appear to be behaving in a fairly sensible and not very murderous way, but they could change their policies for entirely internal reasons at any time and start putting many more people in death camps or starving millions to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Really? The Chinese Communist Party has run China since 1948. Take a look at the number who died because of their policies. At the moment they appear to be behaving in a fairly sensible and not very murderous way, but they could change their policies for entirely internal reasons at any time and start putting many more people in death camps or starving millions to death.
    Yes thats why I wrote should. If they continue acting in a benevolent way then they have a perfect system of government for China but otherwise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    That's the situation about decades ago ,you see China' political policy and it regime revolution have improved a lot these years,you shouldn't always talk about others mistakes which is a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    China is going forward at a rapid speed,in less than about 20 to 40 years ,China will become one of the world' most powerful country(China's army will be equiped as the one of the most strongest in the world at about 2010).At that time the whole european island is just a piece of cake~~
    The whole nation is waiting for that moment.......

ReputationRep:
    When it comes,China and the Chinese people will ask back the things which were robbed by other nations before..!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    (China's army will be equiped as the one of the most strongest in the world at about 2010).At that time the whole european island is just a piece of cake~~
    The whole nation is waiting for that moment.......
    So they're all quietly sitting back, sipping their Green Tea and waiting for 2010? Also, I think your geography needs work, there's no such thing as the 'European Island', then again, experts believe, that if present trends continue, by 2009 the Chinese education system will begin teaching you such subtle distinctions, that being prior to the all important 2010. Maybe that’s what’s holding them back, the lack of a geography class in mainstream education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutsuhito)
    So they're all quietly sitting back, sipping their Green Tea and waiting for 2010? Also, I think your geography needs work, there's no such thing as the 'European Island', then again, experts believe, that if present trends continue, by 2009 the Chinese education system will begin teaching you such subtle distinctions, that being prior to the all important 2010. Maybe that’s what’s holding them back, the lack of a geography class in mainstream education.
    Lol!!
    yes ,i am wrong,so what?What you can do now is just picking out the mistakes of my geography.anything else can you say ??by the way ,where are you from?/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    Lol!!
    yes ,i am wrong,so what?What you can do now is just picking out the mistakes of my geography.anything else can you say ??by the way ,where are you from?/
    I’m a Martian looking to establish close ties with the ruling clan of your planet. I shall deceive them into thinking that I’ve come in friendship, and reveal my true intentions only once I know the security weaknesses of your planet. In this endeavour I first visited China, as sources had led me to believe the country carried some degree of importance to my quest, I believe such a fallacious conclusion came about through reference to its colossal population size. However I realised within a short space of time that population is all China has. And despite it being home to one fifth of the world’s population, its GDP is a mere one tenth. Then I soon concluded that it’s an insignificant place and that there was little I could learn whilst being there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    When it comes,China and the Chinese people will ask back the things which were robbed by other nations before..!!!
    erm firstly what thing "were robbed" and no offence but that would possiblely be the worse possible move for the whole world.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.