Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Past papers from current and old spec

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    How's everyone preparing for this exam? Just past papers?
    Yeh and also recapping over notes. I seem to lose most my marks on EM induction/magnetic field questions. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Yeh and also recapping over notes. I seem to lose most my marks on EM induction/magnetic field questions. What about you?
    Same like you. I also lose marks on those 2 topics as well. Need to watch videos and read over them .

ReputationRep:
    Same like you. I also lose marks on those 2 topics as well. Need to watch videos and read over them .
    Yeh I've watched so many videos aldready, but i still dont have a good eneough understanding of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Yeh I've watched so many videos aldready, but i still dont have a good eneough understanding of it
    What mark are you scoring on your papers?

ReputationRep:
    What mark are you scoring on your papers?
    I've done 3 and high B's each time, wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    I've done 3 and high B's each time, wbu
    Scored 55-57 on most of the ones I've done. With previous grade boundaries it's a high A and with the newer ones it's mid-A. It doesn't seem to be the case that the boundaries are dependent on difficulty in Physics, it just seems to have gotten higher each year.

ReputationRep:
    Scored 55-57 on most of the ones I've done. With previous grade boundaries it's a high A and with the newer ones it's mid-A. It doesn't seem to be the case that the boundaries are dependent on difficulty in Physics, it just seems to have gotten higher each year.
    hmm, its hard for me to say cos I havent done that many. But i hope that wont be the case for this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    hmm, its hard for me to say cos I havent done that many. But i hope that wont be the case for this year
    Sorry my bad it is dependent on difficult, last years was extremely low!

ReputationRep:
    It seems like AQA are throwing in questions out of the norm, probably ran out of the usual questions to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Just started revising for this exam now lol, anyone got a good revision pack? (pdf)

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem to be the case that the boundaries are dependent on difficulty in Physics, it just seems to have gotten higher each year.
    Definitely also the case with Maths and probably every other subject too, which makes perfect sense really; if there are more papers, there's more direct exam practise, which means everyone's better prepared.

http://prntscr.com/bar93d
    http://prntscr.com/bar95v

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    It seems like AQA are throwing in questions out of the norm, probably ran out of the usual questions to ask.
    The thing is we thought that this would be the case with the PHYA1 resit - especially because everyone doing it was resitting so you'd imagine the quality of the answers would be better anyway. Thought it was going to be the hardest paper ever - turned out everything except one question had come up before. Literally identical questions to past papers.

Not saying that this will be the case with A2, but there's a limit (albeit a bit further compared to AS) to how stupid the questions can get purely due to the fact everything has come up before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintyMilk)
    Definitely also the case with Maths and probably every other subject too, which makes perfect sense really; if there are more papers, there's more direct exam practise, which means everyone's better prepared.

http://prntscr.com/bar93d
    http://prntscr.com/bar95v
    June 2015 was well off though, probably because of its difficulty. My problem right now isn't really getting the marks its getting them in the time I have been given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    The thing is we thought that this would be the case with the PHYA1 resit - especially because everyone doing it was resitting so you'd imagine the quality of the answers would be better anyway. Thought it was going to be the hardest paper ever - turned out everything except one question had come up before. Literally identical questions to past papers.

Not saying that this will be the case with A2, but there's a limit (albeit a bit further compared to AS) to how stupid the questions can get purely due to the fact everything has come up before.
    Well I just hope this is the case with A2 as well . I've seen some questions pop up quite a few times, in particular those to do with units and circular motion of an electron in a magnetic field.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just hope this is the case with A2 as well . I've seen some questions pop up quite a few times, in particular those to do with units and circular motion of an electron in a magnetic field.
    Likewise. Repeated questions are more likely to come up in the multiple choice section - I just hope the 6 markers for both units aren't too bad

ReputationRep:
    Likewise. Repeated questions are more likely to come up in the multiple choice section - I just hope the 6 markers for both units aren't too bad
    To be honest, I prefer 6 markers in A2 in comparison to AS. I'd rather a 6 marker came up asking us to describe something in circular motion or some description question in general rather than an experiment .

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I prefer 6 markers in A2 in comparison to AS. I'd rather a 6 marker came up asking us to describe something in circular motion or some description question in general rather than an experiment .
    You say that but the one with the capacitor discharge being used to calculate acceleration wasn't too bad. The principle was just basic suvat with generic experimental practices thrown in.

ReputationRep:

That's interesting, especially considering it's a resit. Maybe they've run out of strange questions to ask so they're going back to basics?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaha I'm so ****ed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.