Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I can't help but this that this is gonna have 2014 level high gb lol
    Nah it will be lower, like 63/64/65 for 120 ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Nah it will be lower, like 63/64/65 for 120 ums
    Idk I feel like ours was easier but maybe I just liked the paper as a personal preference

ReputationRep:
    Idk I feel like ours was easier but maybe I just liked the paper as a personal preference
    Yeah parts were quite nasty but it all depends on what you like as an individual

ReputationRep:
    I found June 2014 much much harder than this paper... Yet, the boundaries don't seem to imply that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    Well it's the same thing since the area of a triangle is 1/2 height(charge) x width (voltage) which is exactly as the formula E=1/2 QV on the formulae sheet you would have otherwise used.
    Did you remember to multiply 2.2 by 10^-6 ?
    Shouldn't have needed to, the answer was in micro joules IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Nope, its total mark that counts
    Thank you! I do really badly on the multiple choice but am better at section B and better at unit 5 so I'm hoping it all works out 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLazyGuy1)
    it is Y to X because the magnitude was -2F
    That's not how magnitude works....

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get the question where you had to show that the energy of the alpha particle was the total energy x some fraction, no one I've talked to at college has got it.

ReputationRep:
    what do people think the A and A* boundary will be, given how straight-forward this paper was?

will it be higher than june 2014?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what do people think the A and A* boundary will be, given how straight-forward this paper was?

will it be higher than june 2014?
    A* 59, A-52

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Did anyone get the question where you had to show that the energy of the alpha particle was the total energy x some fraction, no one I've talked to at college has got it.
    Only got to the part where E(alpha) = E - E(nucleus) = E - 0.5NV^2 and subbed in V^2. So hopefully 2 method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dies anyone remember the voltage values for the change in energy stirred between the 2 in question 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    A* 59, A-52

Posted from TSR Mobile
    does that not seem a bit low, given the paper wasn't too bad?

ReputationRep:
    No one I know got that algebra one for the Ek, was so hard. Didn't need it for the next part anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Only got to the part where E(alpha) = E - E(nucleus) = E - 0.5NV^2 and subbed in V^2. So hopefully 2 method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much same here XD.

ReputationRep:
    Heeey, how did you guys calculate the additional voltage (if that was the question) from the graph in question 1??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    This is what I did
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    does that not seem a bit low, given the paper wasn't too bad?
    majority would have dropped 4 marks straight away on that rearrangement question .

(Original post by -Gifted-)
    majority would have dropped 4 marks straight away on that rearrangement question .
    So what u reckon for the gb

ReputationRep:
    i got the time constant RC to be 35.4s, the time constant of a discharging capacitor is the time it drops to 63% its original value, since the time to drop 80% was 45s, 1% = 45/80 = 0.5625 .... 63% = 0.5625 x 63 = 35.4 seconds. but no one on this thread seems to have done that, even though i knew i could have used the equation, but this method seemed more legit in my mind. how many marks will i have lost?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.