Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philo-jitsu)
    Ohhh so its a way to find the B at a particular point because it varies?.... I was worried I had a huge gap in knowledge lol

also is the answer by any chance 1.06*10^-3T???
    Yep exactly that, I am sure you are relieved it is just specific to this question then haha

For the value of B? It is not, look again at the data you are given it is a simple substitution. (Btw that is an i in the equation in case you are making the same mistake as I did )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music With Rocks)
    Yep exactly that, I am sure you are relieved it is just specific to this question then haha

For the value of B? It is not, look again at the data you are given it is a simple substitution. (Btw that is an i in the equation in case you are making the same mistake as I did )
    For the value of flux linkage...which was the question...wasnt it?? Lol

And cheers...the question wordings have been my downfall so far... bloody english!!

ReputationRep:
    I subbed in 1.5 amps to find b....then used BAN to find flux linkage?

ReputationRep:
    For the value of flux linkage...which was the question...wasnt it?? Lol

And cheers...the question wordings have been my downfall so far... bloody english!!
    Yeah that was the question haha, unfortunately you are a fair bit out are you using the right equation? Your units should be Wb

ReputationRep:
    I subbed in 1.5 amps to find b....then used BAN to find flux linkage?
    That is the correct method, numerical error?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music With Rocks)
    That is the correct method, numerical error?
    7.95*10^-6 ??

ReputationRep:
    7.95*10^-6 ??
    Correct, that is it

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to square the 'r'....hopefully my answer is correct now!

does anyone know of a question where I use emf=BQV??

I think I finally get electromagnetism and all the flux/flux linkage stuff but I need to apply it to fully get it.

Is it used in the aeroplane travelling across a distance with a particular wingspan type questions

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions for the 6 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    Anyone got any predictions for the 6 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Judging by the unit 2 resit probably trucks leaking potatoes of gradually reducing charges driving up an inclined magnet.....discuss oh and gravity wont apply

ReputationRep:
    Judging by the unit 2 resit probably trucks leaking potatoes of gradually reducing charges driving up an inclined magnet.....discuss oh and gravity wont apply
    Whoa what was in the unit 2 resit??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Potatoes again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Potatoes again?
    No, it was a truck traveling along a road, eventually reaching terminal velocity as it had a constant driving force, it showed a graph for it....

Then it said the same truck with the same driving force drives along the same road, but it has a leak, and water leaks constantly which constantly reduces its mass....while not the worst question, during exam stress there were many ways to **** it up.

For starters while the mass loss didnt affect the friction from air, its did affect friction due to reducing normal force from the road, so yeah there were just alot of variables lol

prepare for the worst guys honestly, as theres a new spec they can throw all there hardest questions on these...

I think my biggest mistake was going into the exam with the confidence of getting almost full ums on every past paper, then because it was harder than normal it wrecked me.

ReputationRep:
    Do you people think that AQA will a lot of multiple choice questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're gonna accelerate a potato through a uniform electric and magnetic field, then ask you to find the age of the universe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerrad)
    They're gonna acceleration a potato through a uniform electric and magnetic field, then ask you to find the age of the universe
    Luckily universe is unit 5....your 100% correct on everything else though :-)

ReputationRep:
    Luckily universe is unit 5....your 100% correct on everything else though :-)
    Universe is unit 5? huh? I'm doing turning points so i just made up the age of universe thing

ReputationRep:
    Universe is unit 5? huh? I'm doing turning points so i just made up the age of universe thing
    Well astrophysics, which is sort of universy....im doing turning points also, made the fateful error of not covering special relativity after learning it in December, way harder to self teach!

ReputationRep:
    I've composed a set of flashcards for those who's doing Turning Points. http://www.cram.com/flashcards/phy5a-7323575
    It's still in progress and my aim is to just put exam questions and the exact mark scheme in, so I can familiarise myself with the sort of framework that their answers are in.

ReputationRep:
    I've composed a set of flashcards for those who's doing Turning Points. http://www.cram.com/flashcards/phy5a-7323575
    It's still in progress and my aim is to just put exam questions and the exact mark scheme in, so I can familiarise myself with the sort of framework that their answers are in.
    damn they are just what I need...I dont want to prioritise unit 5 until after next friday as Ive got loads of exams coming up, but these will keep them fresh in mind...awesome cheers dude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.