Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aksdj)
    what grades do u need
    For Physics, I just need an A but it would be nice to try and get the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    On a serious note, there isn't much you can change now, so focus on getting enough sleep. Maybe get up earlier than usual and do some work beforehand, I find that more helpful than working the night before.
    I'll try my best but doubt I'll be able to sleep much. I can do the calculations by I'm not sure what I need to know in terms of definitions and facts and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManOfJustTin)
    I'll try my best but doubt I'll be able to sleep much. I can do the calculations by I'm not sure what I need to know in terms of definitions and facts and stuff.
    6 markers can be brutal, but a lot of define/law questions can be answered using equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    This has confused me,

E=BAN/t

If it is rotated 60 degrees, BANcos(theta) becomes 0 at 90degrees so why doesnt that make E 0?
    Yep, BANcosθ becomes zero - this is the equation for magnetic flux, not emf.
    Emf = BANωsinωt, so at 90 degrees, this will be at a max.

Another way of thinking about it is that the magnetic flux will be at a maximum when the most number of field lines are passing through it i.e. perpendicular the the field. They have a phase difference of 90 degrees so when magnetic flux is at a maximum, emf equals zero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throor)
    anyone else panicking at this point?
    (Original post by ManOfJustTin)
    With the way my other exams have been going, I'm so worried
    Same here my first A2 exams in the other two subjects were vile comparative to what they were last year..they were also both AQA...wonder if they're going to drop the world's worst unit 4 physics paper on us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    This has confused me,

E=BAN/t

If it is rotated 60 degrees, BANcos(theta) becomes 0 at 90degrees so why doesnt that make E 0?

EMF=BANwSin(wt) as the coil is rotating, so at Sin90 EMF is max

ReputationRep:
    What did people think of the UMS for ISAs this year? Same as last year? I got 47/50 and was wondering if that would be 54 UMS like last year, more, or less, so I can help work out what I need for an A
    I got 47 too, but I think it will be 52 UMS this time, with 54 being 48 raw marks.

This years were apparently easier than last years, but I only did the one on water flow which was pretty easy. Not sure about the SHM one

ReputationRep:
    How do you work out the direction of the magnetic field for a positive/negative charge curving in a magnetic field? ty

ReputationRep:
    this test is extreme hard for me i am gonna be very confused tommorow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    Same here my first A2 exams in the other two subjects were vile comparative to what they were last year..they were also both AQA...wonder if they're going to drop the world's worst unit 4 physics paper on us
    what are you averaging on papers??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel as though they understand the content more or less but still a bit unsure about how the exam will go?

All of the past papers a different to an extent imo, I just hope there isn't anything that's there to deliberately throw people. More calculations compared to June 15 would be nice too. Didn't like that paper whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    I got 47 too, but I think it will be 52 UMS this time, with 54 being 48 raw marks.

This years were apparently easier than last years, but I only did the one on water flow which was pretty easy. Not sure about the SHM one
    Damn really? I was hoping for higher I did SHM, and didn't do the water one as I thought 47 would be fine

ReputationRep:
    Damn really? I was hoping for higher I did SHM, and didn't do the water one as I thought 47 would be fine
    Well tbh that's just my opinion - ISA boundaries don't usually change as much so maybe we'll end up with 54. I'm just assuming 52 for myself to be on the safe side

ReputationRep:
    this test is so ****inggggggg hard. ****ing AQA

ReputationRep:
    This test is bloody hard af. Hate AQA

ReputationRep:
    Lol I have literally no idea what the 6 marker could be on

ReputationRep:
    I thought I knew the content well but I'm finding the past papers hard, so I don't know how tomarrows going to go for me. Wish you the best though

ReputationRep:
    Screw you aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    what are you averaging on papers??
    Unit 4 usually about 105 UMS so pretty decent As. Unit 5 usually Bs.

Based on last years UMS and what I think my ISA will be worth though I can realistically only get a B in physics though, and even if I do pretty bad in them I should be well enough into a B boundary.

I'm just worried because I averaged 95% on Chem4 and I reckon I got about 60% in the exam. Then core 3 I'm usually in the high 60s but I got about 45 in the real thing. Both AQA papers.

idk whether it's exam situations making me pressured and then I under perform, the paper's being crap, or both.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any ideas what the six marker is going to be on? feeling it could be shm or transformers hmu with any suggestions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.