Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Shout out to Tom Muir 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    In the emf induced in a rotating coil equation, what is the w (omega i thing) Is it just angular velocity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    for this question, would you use left or right hand rule
    Left hand; current into page, field to the right, force down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abro1089)
    i think its important to realise that at the point where the SIDES of the coil are parallel to the field lines, the PLANE of the coil is perpendicular. and vice versa.
    yup. glad we cleared that one up

ReputationRep:
    In the emf induced in a rotating coil equation, what is the w (omega i thing) Is it just angular velocity? Also does anyone have any ideas on what the 6 marker could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McDerdactyl)
    In the emf induced in a rotating coil equation, what is the w (omega i thing) Is it just angular velocity?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    What is the phase difference between acceleration and displacement of an object in SHM? pi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Both and start shouting "POW POW POW" automatically get full marks

Left hand rule btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Yes.
    Thanks I feel so stupid atm everything has left my brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerrad)
    The RATE of change of flux linkage is max when the coils are parallel with the field lines
    But i thought EMf = rate of change of flux linkage, therfore shouldnt emf induced be max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnypiercy)
    Shout out to Tom Muir 😂😂
    Bro! I heard if you don't answer any of section A they presume there was a scanning error and give you full marks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    You would use left hand rule as the right hand rule is for generators.

So the answer is B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    What is the phase difference between acceleration and displacement of an object in SHM? pi?
    Yeah, or 180 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Yeah.

I just remember it by every differential it goes up by pi/2 (the phase difference)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muirrrr)
    Bro! I heard if you don't answer any of section A they presume there was a scanning error and give you full marks!!
    Sounds legit!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Yeah, or 180 degrees.
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    Yeah.

I just remember it by every differential it goes up by pi/2 (the phase difference)
    yeee cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Left. Always use left unless it is a generator

ReputationRep:
    This is why I don't check TSR before exams, trying to not let myself undo all my revision by confusing myself with all your different theories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muirrrr)
    God I wish

ReputationRep:
    Why does the graph of potential energy in 2014 show a vertically oscillating Spring mass system as having 0 potential energy at some points? Surely at the equilibrium it has gravitational potential energy and at the bottom elastic?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.