Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    You must've missed a question. I'm sure I did that this morning.
    Average induced emf is just max emf/root2 isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    Average induced emf is just max emf/root2 isn't it?
    Where's this from? I think my book might be terrible (I know my teachers are) because I haven't read anything about average emf

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone got any summarised notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beggelton)
    Do we need fleming's right hand rule
    help me i'm going to fail
    same I've lost all hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    You must've missed a question. I'm sure I did that this morning.
    I genuienly haven't had to use it. It came up in a single question and you didn't even have to use the equation. I used the gradient of the graph and got 3 marks.

I'm worried now because I've never used the equation before

(Original post by philo-jitsu)
    I had the same questions...I came to the conclusion it is being dumbed down because it's a levels....because realistically kinetic energy would only be gained from highest point down to equilibrium....everything else is conversion of elastic to grav potential

I think you just assume on the way up its elastic-kinetic, past equilibrium it's Ke to ge...it's dum I know but this way of thinking is what's in the Merck schemes
    (Original post by Terminatoring)
    Okay so you've lost energy. SO HOW IS THE TOTAL POTENTJAL ENEGY MAXIMUM.?
    It's not really dumbed down, it's just a way of representing energy transfer. A 0GPE level used in M2 which is a maths module and mechanics in maths is more detailed than physics.

I'm not sure you're understanding the idea that it is all RELATIVE.

Imagine we set 0 GPE level which the total potential of the system is 60J (random number ok).
    Therefore were pretending that:
    0 -> 60J
    Therefore if your graph shows that after t seconds, GPE is then -10.
    -10 -> 50J
    Therefore the negative sign means you've LOST 10J of energy
    If your graph shows that after another 2t seconds the GPE is 10
    10 -> 70J
    Positive sign meaning the system has GAINED energy relative to initial position

(Original post by beggelton)
    Do we need fleming's right hand rule
    help me i'm going to fail
    Left hand rule -> magnetic fields
    Right hand rule -> electromagnetic induction

ReputationRep:
    https://60abffc9b401b1c0936e01291c15...%20Physics.pdf

In this question the mark scheme says the field lines should point down. But the top plate is stronger, so why shouldnt it point upwards??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultracrepidarian)
    hi has anyone got any summarised notes?
    you can see my notes if you want

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4zgakd11h...VIEW.docx?dl=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)

In this question the mark scheme says the field lines should point down. But the top plate is stronger, so why shouldnt it point upwards??
    electric field lines are in the direction of +ve to -ve, so its going from the more positive plate to the less positive plate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)

The direction of the electric field dictates where a positive test charge would go. A positive test charge would be more repelled more strongly by the +3V plate than the weaker +1V positive plate so the direction would be down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    electric field lines are in the direction of +ve to -ve, so its going from the more positive plate to the less positive plate.
    The field lines show the path a positively charged particle would take, a positive particle will move to the more negative electrode

ReputationRep:

great thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLifelessRobot)
    The direction of the electric field dictates where a positive test charge would go. A positive test charge would be more repelled more strongly by the +3V plate than the weaker +1V positive plate so the direction would be down.
    ahh fs ofcourse, thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)

electic field goes positive to negative

ReputationRep:

Great notes!

ReputationRep:
    for the current graoh for capacitor, does it start from from the y axis(i0), or is it an asymptope

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm ****ed but looking through physics&maths tutor questions I've done them all at some point over the year so I'm okay. I'm okay. C0balt, you're okay. Yeah, I am okay. Calm the **** down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    for the current graoh for capacitor, does it start from from the y axis(i0), or is it an asymptope
    It has to have an initial value, it starts from this value I0 on the y axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    It has to have an initial value, it starts from this value I0 on the y axis.
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.