Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the one with the right angled triangle in a gravitational orbit?

ReputationRep:
    What to people think grade boundaries will be? Higher or lower than last year

ReputationRep:
    DBBDDCBBBCBCCDBDDACAACCBD My MCQ answers....hopefully I get at least 19/25 like in the usual papers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohammed212)
    Higher than last year. Last year was probably about as low as they could go and this paper seemed more straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich1334)
    For the multiple choice with 2nc and -1nc you added 2nc to both didnt you? So it would repel by 4F? I wasn't so confident
    As r is constant, F is proportional to the charges multiplied together!

First scenario: F = 2q x -q = -2q^2
    Second scenario: F = 4q x q = 4q^2

So I said the magnitude was 2F!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely higher, last year was arguably the hardest ever paper, this year was more or less straightforward for the most part

(Original post by Mango Milkshake)
    For the 2 EM laws, did you just write faradays and lenzs law?
    Yes, in words
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    No... you had to explain. Doubt you'd get more than a mark just stating...
    They don't mean just writing "faradays law", they mean stating it in words

Also guys what's an A* likely to be?? 61-63?

ReputationRep:
    A bit higher I think between +2 to +4 for some grades

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the momentum calculation?(didn't bother with that disgusting proof!) i got 1.14x10-13 which i'm sure is wrong-.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Yes, in words

Less than that for an A* probably. 58-60?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob78)
    What did everyone get for the momentum calculation?(didn't bother with that disgusting proof!) i got 1.14x10-13 which i'm sure is wrong-.-
    1.15x10^-19

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the last momentum question where you had to find alpha's momentum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what did people get for the one with the right angled triangle in a gravitational orbit?
    3F, using pythagorus you can work out the distance between them was (root 3)R in the triangle and then just R when they are in line, F is inversely proportional to R squared so in the triangle the force was a third of the size!

ReputationRep:
    A quick tip for everyone. I retook unit1 and unit3 this year and also have just done the unit 4. Ive seen that in these papers they have simply taken questions from previous years and changed bits around. So for unit5, it will be same as previous papers.
    So try doing ALL past papers and make sure youll understand every question in there as this years unit5 will be very similar to previous years. Also so far AQA has been setting easy-ish papers, so if u think you messed up todays unit4, remember that unit 5 will be an easy paper which you can gain a lot of UMS on. Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Yes, in words

yeah around about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    3F, out of complete guessing cos I just saw a root3 lol

ReputationRep:
    Cocked up the question after the 6 marker...said g will be 1/4 of actual value rather than x4

Few MCQs tricky, cap & em induction part was straightforward and the momentum part was tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben :))
    3F, using pythagorus you can work out the distance between them was (root 3)R in the triangle and then just R when they are in line, F is inversely proportional to R squared so in the triangle the force was a third of the size!
    i got that!!! thank god
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    Attachment 553448did everyones graph look like this????
    Does it matter if I'd drawn mine a little pointy rather than as curvy as yours?My 'pivot' point was just a little over the middle bit closer to Venus. Do you think I will get all three marks on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUNSran)
    yeah i got same. I think people missed the 'decrease BY 80% '
    I got that too since 12V decreased by 80%

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.