Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random1357)
    Nope, missed factor at the end (I got this and corrected)
    What did you end up getting? A fair few in my college on one or two said 1.15x10^-19 (I think it was ^-19 anyway)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hattie28)
    For the limitation I put dampening due to air resistance? Also on the MC, for the pendulum which one would have the largest amplitude? Overall I found section B okay, but the MC tricky.
    I put the one with the same length as the driver since it would resonate. B if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    what were the numbers involved in the first multiple choice question and what was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    If my momentum formula V was completely wrong (as I thought N was the mass of the original) how many marks would I get for the kinetic energy one? Which I couldn't even prove but done loads of working.....

ReputationRep:
    was the answer to the momentum of the alpha particle 1e-12 kgms-1?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the question about the height above the surface of the Earth on like q11 or 13 of MC? I ran out of time so I just done A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    What did you guys get for the question about the height above the surface of the Earth on like q11 or 13 of MC? I ran out of time so I just done A
    4.2 something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackmagic123)
    old momentum = 0
    new momentum = 0
    VN+mv=0
    because the value of v and V already account for the different directions.
    but the mark scheme will probably not care
    V is not a magnitude, it said Velocity V
    That's just because they don't want to use vector notation in A-Level physics. The velocity V acts in the direction < but has magnitude V. They've told you this by the diagram.

(Original post by DesignPredator)
    It did say velocity I agree, BUT the arrows were in opposite directions!
    ^ Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    greatly appreciated if we could all try and chip in with q number for mc and answer
    ill start

1 - about elastic - D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    If I recall correctly the answer was 3.6*10^7, I don't think it was A, sorry
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what did people get for the one with the right angled triangle in a gravitational orbit?
    I think I put 4F. Used F= Gm1m2/r^2

Can I say for the disadvantage that the electrical energy is costly? What about the electron one when I said its mass is negligible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay1421)
    Yeah, you had to subtract the radius of Earth from the geostationary orbit (4.23x10^7) to give 3.6x10^7 metres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    I think I put 4F. Used F= Gm1m2/r^2
    The distance between then was sqrt(5) so the Force would be 1/5 of the force felt when they were closest together, giving an answer of 5F

(I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1017bsquad)
    beta releases anti neutrinos which take away some of the energy
    I don't know what the right answer is, but what I wrote was that the electron produced will travel at high speeds , electrons are of incredibly small mass, so i said the electron will act as a wave

I thought the thing with the neutrinos but isn't that still applicable to the formula because the two products still carry away all of the energy in the form of ke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncant)
    4.2 something?
    (Original post by Jay1421)
    Ah right, I think overall it wasn't that bad though (the multiple choice).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    greatly appreciated if we could all try and chip in with q number for mc and answer
    ill start

1 - about elastic - D
    that's correct. I would help but i don't think i got them all right and i don't remember what question was for which number

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please reply to this.

For the first question the value of the resistor and time constant depended on the capacitor from the previous graph, so I worked all these out. However when I checked through I looked at the graph and worked out the capacitor to be very slightly different, will I drop any marks for not re-correcting the time constant and resistor or will it be fine?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the box tick question. i cant remember exactly what it was but could someone clarify

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer fopr the right angled triangle in the mc i put 3f

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.