Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    equation? Did we need any? :oops: :rofl:
    I'm probably gonna find out our mark tomorrow on the SHM one....:afraid:

I think I got 42 for the water flow one. I was waffling so much on the last SHM question, I feel bad for the teacher who's marking it :lol:
    Haha aw thats good:five:
    Yeahh i know

ReputationRep:
    equation? Did we need any? :oops: :rofl:
    I'm probably gonna find out our mark tomorrow on the SHM one....:afraid:

I think I got 42 for the water flow one. I was waffling so much on the last SHM question, I feel bad for the teacher who's marking it :lol:
    Well I may or may not have used an equation then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    I used the equation of a simple pendulum, and compared experimental with theoretical - are we allowed to talk about ISA's now?
    No, some dude PM'd me saying they're taking the SHM one this Monday or something

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone expalin why the answer to this is C and not D please? They both seem to make sense to me
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Can anyone expalin why the answer to this is C and not D please? They both seem to make sense to me
    The resistance of the wires stays the same. It's just that less power loss is produced since P wasted due to R = I^2R where I is much smaller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Fluffy Bunny)
    The resistance of the wires stays the same. It's just that less power loss is produced since P wasted due to R = I^2R where I is much smaller
    Oh Ok thank you. Just a quick question, do you only use p=I^R when talking about energy loss?

ReputationRep:
    No, some dude PM'd me saying they're taking the SHM one this Monday or something
    Teacher said I got 41.. Which is low-A / B depending on grade boundaries.. What d'you predict boundaries might be for an A?
    How'd you do n the SHM one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Teacher said I got 41.. Which is low-A / B depending on grade boundaries.. What d'you predict boundaries might be for an A?
    I got 45. My teacher made predicted grades based on past gb average and said he'd expect the gb to be on a slightly lower end but that's just only his opinion. It is really difficult for me to judge as well because unlike the other units I cannot get feels for relative difficulty as I've never done past papers for ISA.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - here is a question pack for all topics in PHYA4 that I found: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K...ew?usp=sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    My teacher is saying that this year's ISA's (the water flow one in particular) were easier than last year, so I'd imagine the grade boundaries will be roughly the same

47 - A*
    44 - A
    41 - B
    39 - C

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys fill in the answer sheet as you go through multiple choice questions or do you do it at the end of the exam? its a bit of a risk to do it at the end you might just run out of time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Fluffy Bunny)
    Do you guys fill in the answer sheet as you go through multiple choice questions or do you do it at the end of the exam? its a bit of a risk to do it at the end you might just run out of time...
    I do it at the end of the exam but just make certain I have 5 minutes left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    Hi guys - here is a question pack for all topics in PHYA4 that I found: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K...ew?usp=sharing
    this is sick, thanks man reall helpful. Btw are these past paper questions or from somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    this is sick, thanks man reall helpful. Btw are these past paper questions or from somewhere else?
    Not entirely sure but they're not from any recent past papers. I think they are from legacy/old AQA papers

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure but they're not from any recent past papers. I think they are from legacy/old AQA papers
    Ahh thats cool. Appreciate you posting it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Ahh thats cool. Appreciate you posting it, thanks
    Yeah. Old Spec multiple choice questions are re-used so many times in the Current Spec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi you wouldn't happen to know if there was anything like this for unit 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cbla98)
    Hi you wouldn't happen to know if there was anything like this for unit 5?
    Haven't come across anything as of yet unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    38/50 on SHM, then did the water flow to try to get a better grade, actually got a worse grade, along with a worse grade than last year on my AS ISA resit. (UMS's I'm working with => Unit 1 96/120, Unit 2 98/120, Unit 3 36/60, Unit 6 probably 33/60)

Would be currently averaging an A and wouldn't need to average 90% over Unit 4 and Unit 5 just to get an A if it weren't for the ISAs. All this and they're not even a thing anymore, just would have had to be born 1 year later.

If a couple marks on an ISA is what stops me from getting into my firm I don't know how I'll handle it.

ReputationRep:
    To get an A* overall in Physics, dou you need an A at AS and 90%(270 UMS) at A2? So 510/600 UMS overall?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.