Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Do you remember what you got for the very last transformer question, about why high voltages are needed? It's definitely so that current is lower, right?
    No, why would you want current to be lower? That increases power loss due to resistance. I put because industry often needs high voltages (B I think?).

ReputationRep:
    Do people remember which way the coil is turned for max/min flux?

I put the very bottom box: pi/3 anticlockwise and pi/6 clockwise?
    Yes, I put that!

How did you find the paper overall? I thought it had some easier bits and some harder bits.

ReputationRep:
    Did people get C for the one about 48V and the variable capacitor? I think C was 96V and charge value that was in all the other rows except for one?

ReputationRep:
    My MC

D B B D D C B A B C B B B A B A B A C A A D C C A

Can someone please check these if they were confident on their answers.
    I know that the last two are definitely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Do people remember which way the coil is turned for max/min flux?

I put the very bottom box: pi/3 anticlockwise and pi/6 clockwise?
    Yeah I got that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    No, why would you want current to be lower? That increases power loss due to resistance. I put because industry often needs high voltages (B I think?).
    Current causes heating. Decreased current decreases heating power loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess.olo)
    this is probs what I got or lower I'm hoping for 50-58 tbh. I have no idea why this would be !? anyone ??

Will be around 51 for A and 57 for A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Current causes heating. Decreased current decreases heating power loss
    So did you put D then?

ReputationRep:
    So did you put D then?
    D is correct

ReputationRep:
    So did you put D then?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I put that!

How did you find the paper overall? I thought it had some easier bits and some harder bits.
    I've dropped loads of silly mistake marks so I'm not too thrilled, but I'm glad my performance wasn't further excasterbated by a difficult paper. It was decent.

Need an A for university so hopefully I've done enough!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay1421)
    If I recall correctly the answer was 3.6*10^7, I don't think it was A, sorry
    I can't remember my figures but did you remember to subtract the earth radius? Because if so then i got the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    D is correct
    Damn... Yet another silly mistake I made. Argh, think I dropped 10 sodding marks... :/

ReputationRep:
    I've dropped loads of silly mistake marks so I'm not too thrilled, but I'm glad my performance wasn't further excasterbated by a difficult paper. It was decent.

Need an A for university so hopefully I've done enough!!
    Well, I hope you get it. I need an A*... Which I doubt I'll get after my terrible ISA performance and the silly mistakes I made on this. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    displacement and acceleration 180 out of phase for q5 multiple choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    A field line and equipotential isn't the same. The charge was moving away from the point charge I think
    Ah yes I remember now, potential was increasing. as you move away from the charge, potential becomes less negative as max value is 0

ReputationRep:
    Damn... Yet another silly mistake I made. Argh, think I dropped 10 sodding marks... :/

Losing 10 marks should be 120 ums, as long as you haven't lost too many more, then dont worry, I think I've lost about the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    I can't remember my figures but did you remember to subtract the earth radius? Because if so then i got the same
    Yeah, the final answer using the total radius was 4.2*10^7, and it gave Earth's radius as 6.4*10^6 if I recall correctly

ReputationRep:
    Current lower = less power loss in the cables as P (Power Loss) = Current^2 x Resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Did people get C for the one about 48V and the variable capacitor? I think C was 96V and charge value that was in all the other rows except for one?
    yeah I got that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.