Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the answer to 12 was 3.6 time 10 to the something

Wikipedia says :35,786 km

ReputationRep:
    Was the calculation for the energy of the capacitor 3 marks? Also was there a significant figure mark for that (i.e. a prompt in the question saying give your answer to an appropriate number of sig figs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Yes it was zero, it was straight out of one of the past papers too
    I remember a very similar question with +Q, +Q, +Q and -Q from June 10 but this one had all +Q, so was zero (all cancelled).

How many more exams have you got left? C3 tomorrow, CHEM5 Weds, C4/S4 clas Friday, FP2 Monday, PHYA5 (with astro) Tuesday.

Crikey, scary thoughts!!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get in the multiple choice for the Electric field strength in the square where all the charges were +Q?????

ReputationRep:
    Vote http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4176850

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    I remember a very similar question with +Q, +Q, +Q and -Q from June 10 but this one had all +Q, so was zero (all cancelled).

How many more exams have you got left? C3 tomorrow, CHEM5 Weds, C4/S4 clas Friday, FP2 Monday, PHYA5 (with astro) Tuesday.

Crikey, scary thoughts!!
    Are you ready to get raped by chem 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palacefloor)
    chem5 shouldn't be that bad

ReputationRep:
    That's the least of my worries, I love chem!!!

I thought CHEM4 was good actually (easier than PHYA4 today) but there were some hard application questions.

FP2 and S4 are more of a worry tbh, desperate for an A* in Further!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazarus26)
    What did everyone get in the multiple choice for the Electric field strength in the square where all the charges were +Q?????
    Zero. This is a question from a legacy paper, which was then modified in June 2010 to be made harder (by changing one of the +Qs to -Q), and now seems to have popped back up in its original form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazarus26)
    Zero, they all cancel

ReputationRep:
    Can people list the MC questions that they remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Zero. This is a question from a legacy paper, which was then modified in June 2010 to be made harder (by changing one of the +Qs to -Q), and now seems to have popped back up in its original form.
    Oh right, I only remember the June 10 one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    It is likely, yes, but might get lucky and get a mark for rearranging or something
    Hey, for the mc X to Y or Y to X thing, which direction did you work out it as?

ReputationRep:
    Zero, they all cancel
    Well thank **** for that

ReputationRep:
    That's the least of my worries, I love chem!!!

I thought CHEM4 was good actually (easier than PHYA4 today) but there were some hard application questions.

FP2 and S4 are more of a worry tbh, desperate for an A* in Further!
    I Iiked chem 4 a Iot but i havent had the time to revise chem 5 to the same standard so any weird appIication questions wiII most IikeIy rek me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Can people list the MC questions that they remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe start a new thread for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shrek1234)
    Maybe start a new thread for that?
    I can't on my phone, could you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I Iiked chem 4 a Iot but i havent had the time to revise chem 5 to the same standard so any weird appIication questions wiII most IikeIy rek me.
    Yeah, true...

For the CHEM4 I think I got somewhere in the 90s/100 - I hope that's full UMS given all the hate surrounding it (and 4 Hitler videos haha).

ReputationRep:
    What I can remember---

What is the angular speed of a car wheel of a diameter 0.400m when the speed of the car is 108kmh^-1
    What is the height of a geostationary satellite above Earth?
    What are the maximum and minimum tensions in the string when performing circular motion? (I don't know the values)
    What is the resultant electric field strength at P? (Centre of the square)
    Which statement in the following is correct? (simple harmonic motion graph) - acceleration and displacement are in anti phase
    What is the main reason high voltages are used in electric power transmission?
    What is the emf induced due to the car's moving tyres? (can't remember the values, it was just Blv though)
    In an elastic collision, what is conserved? Mass, kinetic energy, momentum and total energy are listed as potential options
    There is a positive charge +Q, when a test charge is moved further away from this charge what happens? Does the potential stay the same, increase, decrease, etc..

ReputationRep:
    Guyz i was just wondering are you suppose to tick the answer of multiple choice question on a pink sheet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.