Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study.bud)
    Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force
    It was a uniform field mate, E is constant and so F is constant, it was a ppq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclancy1998)
    wha gwarn and salah malekum hit mans up wiv some flux linkage to the unofficial mark scheme if uz know what man means
    Um actually have no clue wtf you're saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Attachment 553594

I was annoyed and just was like, **** it, and took it out of the room.

I have no time atm, but sometime this evening I will post the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please post pics of the inside, I can't remember what I put for the multiple choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    I'm seriously worrying about this question:
    In the momentum proof I accidently used capital M instead of N interchangably throughout the proof, how many marks will I lose for this. The final answer was the same as what it was meant to be but towards the start of the proof I used M not N????????
    If the guy's a **** you won't get any marks, but probably would only lose one. However, for now, assume all marks lost cos an examiner can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Attachment 553594

I was annoyed and just was like, **** it, and took it out of the room.

I have no time atm, but sometime this evening I will post the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you post pictures of the questions? Then the community will dissect it for you

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force
    In a uniform Field, F=EQ
    Therefore, if E is constant (it is) and Q is constant (it is) then F is constant (it is)
    So it was the straight horizontal line graph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splashywill)
    You'd probably need a high A if not an A* to be honest... it'll be tight- plus you might have done better in unit 4 that you think
    I prefer unit 5 over unit 4 any day XD... plus i came out of that exam hall feeling like the paper made me a new butthole XD

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's what I said..mate
    You said its a reciprocal graph, if F is constant its a horizontal line

ReputationRep:
    Lol you just stated that the electric field strength is constant but the force is not? F = EQ, E is constant, Q is constant thus F is also constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay1421)
    Do you remember if that was A or B?
    B I think
    (Original post by Jordenwilder1998)
    What did people get for the q with the right angle triangle I put 3F to do with gravity?????
    I got that
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    Yeah I got that too, cos X's force to the right was greater than Y's to the left so resultant to the right
    Nice
    (Original post by Aethrell)
    What did the graph look like for that parallel plate multiple choice question?
    Horizontal line
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    I'm seriously worrying about this question:
    In the momentum proof I accidently used capital M instead of N interchangably throughout the proof, how many marks will I lose for this. The final answer was the same as what it was meant to be but towards the start of the proof I used M not N????????
    I can understand your worry but 8 just recommend you try to make up for it in unit 5

ReputationRep:
    d is constant because it's the distance between the plates

ReputationRep:
    why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers

ReputationRep:
    For the electromagnetic brake

I put:

Advantage: A bigger brake force can be applied by making the magnetic field stronger

Disadvantage: The brake would heat more

Are any of these right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Do you remember what you got for the very last transformer question, about why high voltages are needed? It's definitely so that current is lower, right?
    Yes definitely : )

ReputationRep:
    so is there any unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC_Costales)
    I prefer unit 5 over unit 4 any day XD... plus i came out of that exam hall feeling like the paper made me a new butthole XD
    Yeah me too! what extra unit are you doing for 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginpls)
    Yes definitely : )
    stfu

ReputationRep:
    Um actually have no clue wtf you're saying
    Link/picture of unofficial mark scheme please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers
    11 Farads is a ridicoIous amount for a capacitor? I've seen 1 farad max in aII questions ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palacefloor)
    11 Farads is a ridicoIous amount for a capacitor? I've seen 1 farad max in aII questions ever.
    micro sorry haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.