Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What grade/ums will 62/63 most probably be ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    stfu
    Cyber abuse TANYA POTTER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splashywill)
    yeah I'm pretty sure it was 3F
    Isn't it an equipotential though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers
    Hate to break it to you but 11 farads is huuuuge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Isn't it an equipotential though?
    I got 3F

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3.6x10^-5 J

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    Hate to break it to you but 11 farads is huuuuge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    micro i meant sorry

(Original post by study.bud)
    Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force
    But D is no reciprocal either, as it touches both axes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    3.6x10^-5 J

Posted from TSR Mobile
    @ rory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    I got 3F

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't remember the question but i thought it asked something like the difference in force between x and y so whats the difference between closest point on the circle but isn't it the same because anywhere on a circle has the same distance from the centre and therefore the same force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetua)
    But D is no reciprocal either, as it touches both axes
    F= EQ - E is constant anf Q is constant, so surely F is constant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study.bud)
    Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force
    The answer was definitely the graph showing constant force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginpls)
    Cyber abuse TANYA POTTER
    i will literally kill you gin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I can't remember the question but i thought it asked something like the difference in force between x and y so whats the difference between closest point on the circle but isn't it the same because anywhere on a circle has the same distance from the centre and therefore the same force.
    It was the force between X and Y and you had to use Pythagoras to solve it, resulting in an answer of 3F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i will literally kill you gin

ReputationRep:
    For the 2nd last multiple choice with the train through the magnetic field did anyone get C?
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    For the electromagnetic brakeI put:Advantage: A bigger brake force can be applied by making the magnetic field strongerDisadvantage: The brake would heat moreAre any of these right?Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you could potentially get a larger brake force if you have a rather powerful electromagnetic. Disadvantage not sure, with a high resistance and current to get the high brake force the coil could heat up more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    For the 2nd last multiple choice with the train through the magnetic field did anyone get C?

Yeah you could potentially get a larger brake force if you have a rather powerful electromagnetic. Disadvantage not sure, with a high resistance and current to get the high brake force the coil could heat up more.
    Thank you for replying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    The answer was definitely the graph showing constant force.
    There is a question is one of the past papers which asks you to find the force between two parallel points at the midpoint. Of course it's QV/D but most chose distractor QV/2D. The force is the same at all points between plates, it is uniform. So yeah it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers
    What points did you use on the graph? Since it was gradient I did the differences between two points. I got 8 micro farads.

ReputationRep:
    For Section B the first question about finding the capacitance of the capacitor the gradient from the graph would have given 1/C
    right?

I think I got 8 farads for that question I tried to find the gradient of the line then just used the reciprocal of the found gradient which got me 8 farads

Please tell me if i did it correctly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.