The Student Room Group

Constant disagreement

My friend is very judgemental and tells me my personal views are wrong and that I have no right to comment on certain situations. This has left me feeling shocked as I do not have outrageous views and I do not tell my friend what she believes is wrong. My motto is 'live and let live'.

I think my friend is threatened by me as she found out recently her boyfriend used to like me and since then she keeps belittling me. I have not had a friend like this in a while as I avoid people who belittle me. What can I do as she thinks she is always right and argues her point (she does this to other people too) and does not accept that people are entitled to a differing opinion.

I don't know whether to cut ties as this seems to keep reoccurring and I don't have time for people who judge my life and make me feel awful.
Reply 1
I tolerate people all the time too.
I don't consider them 'friends'. Maybe that's where you're going wrong.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend is very judgemental and tells me my personal views are wrong and that I have no right to comment on certain situations. This has left me feeling shocked as I do not have outrageous views and I do not tell my friend what she believes is wrong. My motto is 'live and let live'.

I think my friend is threatened by me as she found out recently her boyfriend used to like me and since then she keeps belittling me. I have not had a friend like this in a while as I avoid people who belittle me. What can I do as she thinks she is always right and argues her point (she does this to other people too) and does not accept that people are entitled to a differing opinion.

I don't know whether to cut ties as this seems to keep reoccurring and I don't have time for people who judge my life and make me feel awful.

Cutting ties sounds like a good choice.
She sounds like a bitch and a rubbish friends, I don't understand why you'd even want to salvage this "friendship".

It's up to you what you do, but do what you want not what others want.
Reply 4
Friends should not make you feel bad about yourself. You should go make new friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending