Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got last years unit 5 paper? Also the optional papers to go with it..I'm doing 5D

ReputationRep:
    How has everybody revised for this, have you made notes or have u done a ton of past papers since the questions repeat?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done any of the EMPA yet?

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no Unit 5 paper for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012 and Jan 2013?

Edexcel Chemistry has Unit 5 papers for every series apart from Jan 2010 (which is fair because any class couldn't have possibly finished the entire unit 5 by January of the first year of the spec), but why does AQA Physics have no January papers for unit 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Why is there no Unit 5 paper for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012 and Jan 2013?

Edexcel Chemistry has Unit 5 papers for every series apart from Jan 2010 (which is fair because any class couldn't have possibly finished the entire unit 5 by January of the first year of the spec), but why does AQA Physics have no January papers for unit 5?
    Im guessing they wanted to stop people from finishing all the course in january/stop people from being able to have 2 attempts at unit 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Im guessing they wanted to stop people from finishing all the course in january/stop people from being able to have 2 attempts at unit 5
    Sucks that we only have 5 papers to do! (well tbh I am glad in a way because less paper to get through but still lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Sucks that we only have 5 papers to do! (well tbh I am glad in a way because less paper to get through but still lol)
    The questions by topic are all old spec questions so you can do those

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got unit 5c applied physics notes?? . They would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how cloud chamber work to me, I've read over notes on it, but I jus tdont understand it. Please dumb it down to like the lowest point possible
    Thanks

Also do we need to know about bubble chambers??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else prefer unit 4, for some reason unit 5 just isn't clicking for me. It just feels like a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    Anyone else prefer unit 4, for some reason unit 5 just isn't clicking for me. It just feels like a lot.
    I agree unit 4 seems way more easier to learn. To be fair chapter 1 and 2 of physics unit 5 are alright thermal and nuclear. Its just applied physics i dislike it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing medical physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    I agree, though I enjoy medical. What option are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing turning points, seems to be the most popular option

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Second this, would really appreciate 2015 unit 5 paper including option D
    Anyone got any good resources

(Original post by mgill17)
    Has anyone got last years unit 5 paper? Also the optional papers to go with it..I'm doing 5D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    Second this, would really appreciate 2015 unit 5 paper including option D
    Anyone got any good resources
    It should be released in no time on AQA website...sometime in May. Edexcel June 2015 papers have been released recently, so I think AQA should also soon....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got access to the specimen paper for Unit 5 and 5D (turning points)? If anyone has access to any of the two can they send me? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    Anyone got access to the specimen paper for Unit 5 and 5D (turning points)? If anyone has access to any of the two can they send me? Thanks
    Papers and mark schemes attached
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA - PHYA5 - specimen paper.pdf (244.6 KB, 411 views)
  2. File Type: pdf MS - AQA - PHYA5 - specimen.PDF (239.3 KB, 671 views)
  3. File Type: pdf physics_u5_turning_qp_specimen.pdf (213.9 KB, 148 views)
  4. File Type: pdf physics_u5_turning_ms_specimen.pdf (237.5 KB, 239 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhamZ_98)
    Papers and mark schemes attached
    do you have astrophysics specimen? thank you loads mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry389)
    do you have astrophysics specimen? thank you loads mate
    Attached
    Attached Images
  5. File Type: pdf physics_u5_astro_qp_specimen.pdf (235.8 KB, 278 views)
  6. File Type: pdf physics_u5_astro_ms_specimen.pdf (234.4 KB, 374 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.