The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - 28th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone got last years unit 5 paper? Also the optional papers to go with it..I'm doing 5D
How has everybody revised for this, have you made notes or have u done a ton of past papers since the questions repeat?
Reply 42
Has anyone done any of the EMPA yet?
Reply 43
Why is there no Unit 5 paper for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012 and Jan 2013?

Edexcel Chemistry has Unit 5 papers for every series apart from Jan 2010 (which is fair because any class couldn't have possibly finished the entire unit 5 by January of the first year of the spec), but why does AQA Physics have no January papers for unit 5?
Original post by C0balt
Why is there no Unit 5 paper for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012 and Jan 2013?

Edexcel Chemistry has Unit 5 papers for every series apart from Jan 2010 (which is fair because any class couldn't have possibly finished the entire unit 5 by January of the first year of the spec), but why does AQA Physics have no January papers for unit 5?

Im guessing they wanted to stop people from finishing all the course in january/stop people from being able to have 2 attempts at unit 5
Reply 45
Original post by samb1234
Im guessing they wanted to stop people from finishing all the course in january/stop people from being able to have 2 attempts at unit 5

Sucks that we only have 5 papers to do! (well tbh I am glad in a way because less paper to get through but still lol)
Original post by C0balt
Sucks that we only have 5 papers to do! (well tbh I am glad in a way because less paper to get through but still lol)

The questions by topic are all old spec questions so you can do those
Reply 47
Has anybody got unit 5c applied physics notes?? . They would be much appreciated.
Reply 48
Can anyone explain how cloud chamber work to me, I've read over notes on it, but I jus tdont understand it. Please dumb it down to like the lowest point possible:s-smilie:

Also do we need to know about bubble chambers??
Reply 49
Anyone else prefer unit 4, for some reason unit 5 just isn't clicking for me. It just feels like a lot. :s-smilie:
Reply 50
Original post by d14m
Anyone else prefer unit 4, for some reason unit 5 just isn't clicking for me. It just feels like a lot. :s-smilie:

I agree unit 4 seems way more easier to learn. To be fair chapter 1 and 2 of physics unit 5 are alright thermal and nuclear. Its just applied physics i dislike it.
Reply 51
Anyone doing medical physics?
Reply 52
Original post by d14m

I agree, though I enjoy medical. What option are you doing?
Reply 53
I'm doing turning points, seems to be the most popular option

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Second this, would really appreciate 2015 unit 5 paper including option D :smile:
Anyone got any good resources

Original post by mgill17
Has anyone got last years unit 5 paper? Also the optional papers to go with it..I'm doing 5D
Reply 55
Original post by d14m
Second this, would really appreciate 2015 unit 5 paper including option D :smile:
Anyone got any good resources

It should be released in no time on AQA website...sometime in May. Edexcel June 2015 papers have been released recently, so I think AQA should also soon....
Anyone got access to the specimen paper for Unit 5 and 5D (turning points)? If anyone has access to any of the two can they send me? Thanks
Original post by kelvin1338
Anyone got access to the specimen paper for Unit 5 and 5D (turning points)? If anyone has access to any of the two can they send me? Thanks

Papers and mark schemes attached
Original post by KhamZ_98
Papers and mark schemes attached

do you have astrophysics specimen? thank you loads mate
Original post by blueberry389
do you have astrophysics specimen? thank you loads mate

Attached

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending