(Original post by Mango Milkshake)
    Anyone have notes they could upload?
    An A5 book half-full😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make a Turning Points thread? I can't do it on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For thermionic emission, does increasing the temperature of the metal filament increase the kinetic energy of the emitted electrons (as well as increasing the number of electrons emitted/sec)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    For thermionic emission, does increasing the temperature of the metal filament increase the kinetic energy of the emitted electrons (as well as increasing the number of electrons emitted/sec)?
    Just the number of electrons emitted per second. Increasing p.d. increases the kinetic energy and speed of electrons

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Just the number of electrons emitted per second. Increasing p.d. increases the kinetic energy and speed of electrons

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's anode pd once the electrons have been emitted, I'm talking about the pd across the supply used to produce a current to heat the metal filament to cause thermionic emission in the first place. The assumption is that they have 0 KE at the filament (Cathode) which is kinda dumb because a really high pd across the power supply would give these electrons a significant KE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    Yeah that's anode pd once the electrons have been emitted, I'm talking about the pd across the supply used to produce a current to heat the metal filament to cause thermionic emission in the first place. The assumption is that they have 0 KE at the filament (Cathode) which is kinda dumb because a really high pd across the power supply would give these electrons a significant KE
    I don't think they ask about p.d. across the cathode, just the effect of current?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Applied 5C?

ReputationRep:
    Edit: My bad it is on the specification -_-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango Milkshake)
    Anyone doing Applied 5C?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    Do we always include neutrons in fission reactions when they ask us to find energy released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)
    Do we always include neutrons in fission reactions when they ask us to find energy released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Post link if you find an example where they don't, can't really imagine what situation would justify that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintyMilk)
    Post link if you find an example where they don't, can't really imagine what situation would justify that
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466656804.796820.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  43.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Must be because they're thermal (slow) neutrons so they have negligible energy to contribute? Are there any examples where they do expect you to add the neutrons?

ReputationRep:
    Created a new thread for anyone to discuss astrophysics

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4182393

ReputationRep:
    Deriving the pressure of an ideal gas; worth memorising or no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintyMilk)
    Must be because they're thermal (slow) neutrons so they have negligible energy to contribute? Are there any examples where they do expect you to add the neutrons?
    Yeah pretty much every other question about it ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You do have to include neutron binding energy, but in this case there is 1 neutron going in and 1 neutron coming out, so they cancel out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Deriving the pressure of an ideal gas; worth memorising or no?
    Knowing how to derive it is in the spec, although I can't recall seeing a question on it before. You definitely have to know at least 4 assumptions made for the derivation

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help with 7bii:
    https://e4cf8bb391554b7c9d8e0fc42269...ioactivity.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcride98)
    You do have to include neutron binding energy, but in this case there is 1 neutron going in and 1 neutron coming out, so they cancel out
    There are 2 neutrons coming out...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.