Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When was the last time you did something for the first time ? Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I think we should do more often things for the first time
    I agree completely. "The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences". I've just become lazy, plus I have already done so many things that it is hard to find new ones

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    I agree completely. "The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences". I've just become lazy, plus I have already done so many things that it is hard to find new ones
    That's the prob, we become lazy so easily .. (I'm criticizing myself too)

Tell us what you did :3 !
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That's the prob, we become lazy so easily .. (I'm criticizing myself too)

Tell us what you did :3 !
    I couldn't expose young minds to the kind of depravity I've engaged in.

I couldn't expose young minds to the kind of depravity I've engaged in.
    I guess so :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I guess so :lol:
    One day, when you're older, I'll tell you about that one time in Birmingham.

One day, when you're older, I'll tell you about that one time in Birmingham.
    When I wont be a teenager anymore ? :3
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When I wont be a teenager anymore ? :3
    Exactly.

When you buy your own peanut butter we can talk.

:lol:

Exactly.

When you buy your own peanut butter we can talk.

:lol:
    That's not fair I'm turning 20 in a few days ! And you need to know that french don't like peanut butter, I'm the only one of my friends ! And we don't have peanut butter by the way, I order mine on internet, so I caaaaan't ! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    A week ago, my wife and I decided to visit Grenoble. We have lived nearby for nearly 10 years and had never done so. To our delight, it was a beautiful and friendly city and we found a wonderful restaurant that served local Savoie mountain food.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That's not fair I'm turning 20 in a few days ! And you need to know that french don't like peanut butter, I'm the only one of my friends ! And we don't have peanut butter by the way, I order mine on internet, so I caaaaan't ! :cry2:
    Oh so cheese and surrender are fine, but no peanut butter

Oh so cheese and surrender are fine, but no peanut butter
    Say that to Mister Hollande that's not my fault ! But yeay here not a lot of people tried peanut butter :cry2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Say that to Mister Hollande that's not my fault ! But yeay here not a lot of people tried peanut butter :cry2:
    How to the french feel about kebab meat and chips? I assume it hurts your souls.

How to the french feel about kebab meat and chips? I assume it hurts your souls.
    What's wrong with kebab and chips ? :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    accidentally cut myself for the first time whilst cooking onthursday (weirdly such a small (but deep) laceration resulted in more than 2 hours of non-stop bleeding despite me doing everything by the book to prevent it - i went through 7 gauze rolls and an a&e visit to get it stitched to stop it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    12 days ago. Something illegal enough to ruin my life. Didn't get caught so worth.
    What was it, so curious idk y

(Original post by quasa)
    accidentally cut myself cooking for the first time on thursday (weirdly such a small (but deep) laceration resulted in more than 2 hours of non-stop bleeding despite me doing everything by the book to prevent it - i went through 7 gauze rolls and an a&e visit to get it stitched to stop it)
    Ouch >< 2h of bleedind !
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    yeah, the worst thing was, the wound was aroung a finger's width and the length was 1-2mm. but the skin was ripped off and when i say ripped off, it was down to the connective tissue. the annoying thing about it was that when the doc at a&e (an orthopaedic specilist) found out my profession, him and the nursing staff started taking the mick because I am a pharmacist :|

thing is, as a pharmacist, ur not qualified to give stitches and ur not allowed by insurance people to apply steri strips/ gauze to patients (damned if u do, damned if u dont.

good example, some time last year, a woman and her teenage daughter came into the place I was working at, and the daughter had a seizure, I immediately wet straight away to put her into the recovery position but was stopped and yelled at by the other staff (including supervising pharmacist) as they wanted to leave the girl there because they were afraid of being sued, even though I have first aid training with 2 diff providers (advanced level) and was part of links at my uni

also in case you are wondering about the cause of the wound: a £3 apple corer-peeler

(Original post by quasa)
    yeah, the worst thing was, the wound was aroung a finger's width and the length was 1-2mm. but the skin was ripped off and when i say skeen, it was down to the connective tissue. the annoying thing about it was that when the doc at a&e (an orthopaedic specilist) found out my profession, him and the nursing staff started taking the mick because I am a pharmacist :|

thing is, as a pharmacist, ur not qualified to give stitches and ur not allowed by insurance people to apply steri strips/ gauze to patients (damned if u do, damned if u dont.

good example, some time last year, a woman and her teenage daughter came into the place I was working at, and the daughter had a seizure, I immediately wet straight away to put her into the recovery position but was stopped and yelled at by the other staff (including supervising pharmacist) as they wanted to leave the girl there because they were afraid of being sued, even though I have first aid training with 2 diff providers (advanced level) and was part of links at my uni

also in case you are wondering about the cause of the wound: a £3 apple corer-peeler
    WHAT ??!

But if someone needs help how do you do ?? You can't just stay there and do nothing right ?
    Did you helped the daughter anyway ?

Edit : indeed I was wondering :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What's wrong with kebab and chips ? :lol:
    Nothing, I love it.

More importantly, I'm about to have some sausage sandwiches.

Nothing, I love it.

More importantly, I'm about to have some sausage sandwiches.
    You better do !

Food is always important *o*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.