Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA?
    ISIS
    47.42%
    USA
    52.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    the question is who is a bigger threat to the WORLD, not just to you personally.
    My world is the world to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scubi doo)
    Isis become as powerful as the US? Do you know what you're talking about? :lol:
    Yes, hypothetical scenarios. If both had the same influence and power, ISIS would be a major threat to the advancement of humanity.

Whereas the US is practically the opposite yet it still has military might.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    ISIS want to kill me as I am not Muslim, while the USA don't want to kill me (unless I am threat to them) so easy answer
    wrong, ISIS kills Muslims too (and they blow up mosques),

secondly the USA has killed waaaaayyy more people.

ReputationRep:
    My world is the world to me
    No point arguing with these two mate, one has a Syrian flag on his profile and the other's avatar speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    If ISIS had their way and killed every non-Muslim, they'd kill the majority of people in the world.

If the US killed every terrorist somehow, there would still be the vast majority of the world's population left untouched.

Also ISIS promotes Islam, whereas the US doesn't champion any religion (although sadly they seem to be heavily Christian) which is more of a threat as the world should hopefully turn away from religion more as time goes by.
    hahhaa do you think the millions of people that america have killed were terrorists? a few thousand were at max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)

ISIS killing Muslims too makes them more of a threat, the US tends to target specific people though, it doesn't just randomly kill people in Ghana or Mauritians, or Koreans, or Belgians etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, hypothetical scenarios. If both had the same influence and power, ISIS would be a major threat to the advancement of humanity.

Whereas the US is practically the opposite yet it still has military might.
    Where in the OP did it mention hypothetical scenarios?

ReputationRep:
    hahhaa do you think the millions of people that america have killed were terrorists? a few thousand were at max
    Even if they were not, how does this make the US a bigger threat? The US isn't a death cult trying to commit genocide.

ReputationRep:

You are wrong. If you looked at ISIS propaganda you would know they explicitly state to kill non-Muslims. Whether they kill Muslims too is out of the question, Muslims have been killing each other for years. The ultimate goal of Islam is to have everyone in the world as Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    ISIS killing Muslims too makes them more of a threat, the US tends to target specific people though, it doesn't just randomly kill people in Ghana or Mauritians, or Koreans, or Belgians etc. etc.
    Oh really, so the millions of people killed in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and Now in Syria are specific people that needed to be killed because they were threats to the world?

ReputationRep:
    not a great way of looking at things is it? you care about white europeans ( well, those are the attacks that are on the news, but they actually kill way more asians ) but when the yanks kill a million innocent iraqis you don't care?
    Um, not to be crass but pretty much, yeah. I mean, I'm a million times more concerned with my safety than the safety of people I will never meet and have no relevance to my life. Which isn't to say what's happening in the middle east is right or okay, but simply that my primary concern is the things that will affect me. Maybe that makes me selfish, but hey ho

ReputationRep:
    Isis. Not usa
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ISIS of course - the yanks may have a hell of a lot of firepower and a bit of a record of gunboat diplomacy, but ISIS actively want to kill everyone outside of themselves (including any muslims who disagree even slightly). Given the option of bullies or genocidal maniacs I'd take the bullies every time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really, so the millions of people killed in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and Now in Syria are specific people that needed to be killed because they were threats to the world?
    Vietnam was in the past though and the US did not attack them for their nationality, the US doesn't have some sort of anti-Vietnamese agenda today.

Whereas ISIS still aims to rid the world of non-Muslims, it's not a thing of the past for them. It is their current target, their aim. ISIS aren't just picking on individual countries or religions, they're being pretty binary either you're with them or you're against them. And everyone who's against them does not deserve to live.

ReputationRep:
    You are wrong. If you looked at ISIS propaganda you would know they explicitly state to kill non-Muslims. Whether they kill Muslims too is out of the question, Muslims have been killing each other for years. The ultimate goal of Islam is to have everyone in the world as Muslim.
    err once again you are wrong, Muslims have different sects within the religion (you will find this in all religions), and they disagree with with each other on certain bits.

the whole Muslims have been killing each other for years is 100% BS, Western countries are trying to start it off for cheaper oil so the TNC giants can rip us off and make more profit.

ReputationRep:
    How is this even a question??

ReputationRep:
    Basically in this thread, Muslims think the US is worse, everyone else thinks ISIS is worse.

ReputationRep:
    Basically in this thread, Muslims think the US is worse, everyone else thinks ISIS is worse.
    Evidence?

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam was a Soviet proxy war, Afghanistan was a legitimate response and Iraq was a disaster but almost all deaths are due to sectarian conflict. As for millions being killed in Syria by the Americans, I don't even know where to begin with that one.

ReputationRep:
    Evidence?
    Look at the responses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.