Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA?
    ISIS
    47.42%
    USA
    52.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Basically in this thread, Muslims think the US is worse, everyone else thinks ISIS is worse.
    Just because your ignorance has been proved to be off the scale you try to make a generalization to back up your stupid way of thinking. Well done, you've officially made yourself look like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam was in the past though and the US did not attack them for their nationality, the US doesn't have some sort of anti-Vietnamese agenda today.

Whereas ISIS still aims to rid the world of non-Muslims, it's not a thing of the past for them. It is their current target, their aim. ISIS aren't just picking on individual countries or religions, they're being pretty binary either you're with them or you're against them. And everyone who's against them does not deserve to live.
    oh yes all those people mercilessly slaughtered should be forgotten...... using your logic anything in the past is no longer important.

what about now in Syria, Afghanistan. What about Iraq and the atrocities of Abu Ghraib?

ReputationRep:
    Basically in this thread, Muslims think the US is worse, everyone else thinks ISIS is worse.
    Which would be funny if not for the fact ISIS has killed more Muslims than the US.

ReputationRep:
    Especially if Donald Trump became president...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Um, not to be crass but pretty much, yeah. I mean, I'm a million times more concerned with my safety than the safety of people I will never meet and have no relevance to my life. Which isn't to say what's happening in the middle east is right or okay, but simply that my primary concern is the things that will affect me. Maybe that makes me selfish, but hey ho
    youre right it does make you selfish pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Which would be funny if not for the fact ISIS has killed more Muslims than the US.
    You are joking right..... millions killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, and now in Syria - that's way more than Daesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Just because your ignorance has been proved to be off the scale you try to make a generalization to back up your stupid way of thinking. Well done, you've officially made yourself look like an idiot.
    How have I been at all ignorant?

No I literally haven't been made to look like an idiot, only in your eyes, plenty of people agree with me. If I asked this to the people in my community, anyone I knew in person. They would laugh and think I was joking. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Even if they were not, how does this make the US a bigger threat? The US isn't a death cult trying to commit genocide.
    http://www.sott.net/article/273517-S...-World-War-Two

debatable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    youre right it does make you selfish pal
    I'll be honest with you, I'm surprisingly okay with that. I love listening to all the lefties tell us how we're such awful people because we want what's best for ourselves. It's pretty much a fundamental characteristic of all life.

ReputationRep:
    But the US aren't killing them for the sake of wiping out that group of people, the US isn't trying to make the whole world American. I doubt the US would want the rest of the world destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    How have I been at all ignorant?

No I literally haven't been made to look like an idiot, only in your eyes, plenty of people agree with me. If I asked this to the people in my community, anyone I knew in person. They would laugh and think I was joking. Seriously.
    Then that makes them all idiots, just like you. Please tell me which city you live in so I can avoid it all costs.

ReputationRep:
    But the US aren't killing them for the sake of wiping out that group of people, the US isn't trying to make the whole world American. I doubt the US would want the rest of the world destroyed.
    theyre doing it for the sake of imperialism like we used to do, and still do to some extent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    You are joking right..... millions killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, and now in Syria - that's way more than Daesh.
    Where are you getting these figures from? Most in Afghanistan and Iraq were killed by the Taliban and sectarian violence. By current estimates there has not even been 1 million casualties in the Syrian civil war and coalition air strikes (do note: coalition, with approval from Iraq and various Gulf states) have apparently killed 4,435 people, 366 who were civilians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    theyre doing it for the sake of imperialism like we used to do, and still do to some extent
    Imperialism is still better than being a genocidal death-cult. I mean both are not good but better the devil you know.

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam was a Soviet proxy war, Afghanistan was a legitimate response and Iraq was a disaster but almost all deaths are due to sectarian conflict. As for millions being killed in Syria by the Americans, I don't even know where to begin with that one.
    How in the world was Afghanistan legitimate????!!!!!!

And second of all come of the whole sectarian violence is what resulted in millions being killed in Iraq....... we all know the US government did all the dirty work.

Vietnam a proxy war....... ok then I guess all those killed don't matter then.

In Syria, civilians right now are being killed by western governments, Assad and Russia. I never said it was millions for Syria, I meant that for all the countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Then that makes them all idiots, just like you. Please tell me which city you live in so I can avoid it all costs.
    I'd say most of England is like that mate.

ReputationRep:
    Imperialism is still better than being a genocidal death-cult. I mean both are not good but better the devil you know.
    It would cost more to maintain a colony than to trade with it, the idea that the US currently practices any kind of imperialism is Cold War propaganda used by the Soviets to convince useful idiots to defect.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you getting these figures from? Most in Afghanistan and Iraq were killed by the Taliban and sectarian violence. By current estimates there has not even been 1 million casualties in the Syrian civil war and coalition air strikes (do note: coalition, with approval from Iraq and various Gulf states) have apparently killed 4,435 people, 366 who were civilians.
    Errrr no again most were killed by the US government when the residents started fighting back against the aggression, again I can see through your nonsense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    How in the world was Afghanistan legitimate????!!!!!!

And second of all come of the whole sectarian violence is what resulted in millions being killed in Iraq....... we all know the US government did all the dirty work.

Vietnam a proxy war....... ok then I guess all those killed don't matter then.

In Syria, civilians right now are being killed by western governments, Assad and Russia. I never said it was millions for Syria, I meant that for all the countries.
    Afghanistan was ruled by the Taliban and had endorsed attacks on American soil, you are sitting here now complaining that the US has killed over 300 civilians in Syria when 9/11 killed thousands of Americans.

I never said Vietnam was ok just that it was not motivated by genocidal or imperialist instincts, rather it was to counter Soviet and Chinese aggression in the Far East. Some of the decisions made in the war are extremely questionable, but lets at least not pretend the Vietnamese were innocent bystanders.

ReputationRep:
    can you please explain to me what part of imperialism ISN'T genocidal?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.