Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA?
    ISIS
    47.42%
    USA
    52.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    can you please explain to me what part of imperialism ISN'T genocidal?
    How would one enslave a group if they were dead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    Errrr no again most were killed by the US government when the residents started fighting back against the aggression, again I can see through your nonsense!
    Which province have Syrian civilians fought against coalition planes? Could you please explain to me this, because there are no American ground troops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Which province have Syrian civilians fought against coalition planes? Could you please explain to me this, because there are no American ground troops.
    I was talking about Afghanistan and Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    How would one enslave a group if they were dead?
    did we not kill slaves?

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about Afghanistan and Iraq.
    I don't think you have a single piece of evidence for this, the only people fighting back against the Americans were Iraqi or former Iraqi militia who were loyal to Saddam or the Taliban, both of whom are revolting.

ReputationRep:
    did we not kill slaves?
    I am not part of this we, but killing people isn't the same as wiping them out.

I frankly don't believe the US is trying to enslave anyone but killing people is not the same as the intent of wiping out that entire group.

ISIS literally want to wipe out all but those who agree with their death-cult.

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan was ruled by the Taliban and had endorsed attacks on American soil, you are sitting here now complaining that the US has killed over 300 civilians in Syria when 9/11 killed thousands of Americans.

I never said Vietnam was ok just that it was not motivated by genocidal or imperialist instincts, rather it was to counter Soviet and Chinese aggression in the Far East. Some of the decisions made in the war are extremely questionable, but lets at least not pretend the Vietnamese were innocent bystanders.
    Can I just say that there were a lot of people in the world who were like ' hahahahah America got what it deserved' (on September the 11th),

Secondly why not use the common sense route of finding where Bin laden was and bringing him to justice..... was war and murder honestly the only way????

And for your second point, if this was a fight against soviet aggression why hasn't the US done a full scale invasion of North Korea? Why go for the 'lousy' sanctions?

ReputationRep:
    I am not part of this we, but killing people isn't the same as wiping them out.

I frankly don't believe the US is trying to enslave anyone but killing people is not the same as the intent of wiping out that entire group.

ISIS literally want to wipe out all but those who agree with their death-cult.
    america want to wipe out all but those who agree with their imperialism, why is one worse than the other?

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say that there were a lot of people in the world who were like ' hahahahah America got what it deserved' (on September the 11th),

Secondly why not use the common sense route of finding where Bin laden was and bringing him to justice..... was war and murder honestly the only way????

And for your second point, if this was a fight against soviet aggression why hasn't the US done a full scale invasion of North Korea? Why go for the 'lousy' sanctions?
    The horrific death of over 2900 innocent civilians is justified to you just because they happen to have American passports? You are sick.

You don't think the US had tried a 'common sense route'? It costs a lot of money to go to war, if there had been a cheaper alternative it would almost certainly have been exercised, believe it or not the world is a very big place and there are lots of horrible people (like the Taliban) who provide refuge to such men.

The US did actually invade Korea in 1950 and it was a complete disaster, they clearly have no desires to repeat that. For your information though, if they hadn't South Korea would almost certainly be in that state at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you have a single piece of evidence for this, the only people fighting back against the Americans were Iraqi or former Iraqi militia who were loyal to Saddam or the Taliban, both of whom are revolting.
    A lot of people were killed by generic and indiscriminate bombing and by fighting back, secondly the chilcot enquiry will be coming out soon providing a tonne more evidence.

ReputationRep:
    america want to wipe out all but those who agree with their imperialism, why is one worse than the other?
    Well firstly it is debatable that what you say is true but it is a fact that ISIS do want to wipe out everyone that isn't part of their death-cult.

In sheer numbers, the US wiping out everyone who doesn't agree with them would kill far less than the amount that ISIS would kill.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly it is debatable that what you say is true but it is a fact that ISIS do want to wipe out everyone that isn't part of their death-cult.

In sheer numbers, the US wiping out everyone who doesn't agree with them would kill far less than the amount that ISIS would kill.
    but who has the ability to actually kill those amounts of people? the United States has the biggest military in history, and they have killed way way way way more people than any conventional terrorist organisation has ever done.

(btw their "war on terror" actually created more terrorism)

ReputationRep:
    The horrific death of over 2900 innocent civilians is justified to you just because they happen to have American passports? You are sick.

You don't think the US had tried a 'common sense route'? It costs a lot of money to go to war, if there had been a cheaper alternative it would almost certainly have been exercised, believe it or not the world is a very big place and there are lots of horrible people (like the Taliban) who provide refuge to such men.

The US did actually invade Korea in 1950 and it was a complete disaster, they clearly have no desires to repeat that. For your information though, if they hadn't South Korea would almost certainly be in that state at the moment.
    please tell me when did I say the deaths of thousands of Americans was justified? oh that's right, I DIDNT ID**T!

secondly the world is also full of innocent nice people, and the easy route was exercised after the war in Afghanistan!

The USA realised, oh S*** Bin laden is actually in Pakistan, then then used the common sense route of dedicating a few years to find him and then catch him. So the murder of many in Afghanistan was totally unnecessary!

ReputationRep:
    ISIS is backed by the USA via Turkey/Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    I never said war is always bad, sometimes it can have some good outcomes (as you mentioned above), but it should always be used as a last resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    America as their actions helped create ISIS and Britain helped too.

ReputationRep:
    not a great way of looking at things is it? you care about white europeans ( well, those are the attacks that are on the news, but they actually kill way more asians ) but when the yanks kill a million innocent iraqis you don't care?
    Lul yeah those (nowhere near a million ) iraqis were sweet little angels 😆

ReputationRep:
    My vote is for the yanks
    Absolutely and completely ridiculous thread. On a hundred levels. OBVIOUSLY ISIS is the threat, the ONLY way America is a threat is it's a threat to ISIS.

Firstly, America and western values stand for everything that ISIS fights against; freedom, equality and logic.
    ISIS seeks to take away every strand of freedom of choice from the masses, convert every non-muslim to a muslim and kill the non-believers and create havoc across the western planet and worse than all of that - people in western countries are blind to the very real threat ISIS poses. Far left wing media tries desperately to hide and manipulate anything that might tarnish Islam or Muslims.

On top of all this, there's an obvious flaw and issue within the culture of Muslims and Islam living in western countries, there's an extremist issue that has become more and more apparent in recent times, with many, many young muslims turning to extremism in prisons, mosques, schools.
    And then there are hundreds of thousands of muslims behaving passively aggressively and often aggressively towards the western countries they live in and the western values they are are surrounded by.

I always hear the same thing, over and over, Bush and Blair are the reason for all the extremism, all the islamic hatred - wrong.
    The reason for all the war and hate ultimately is because everything Islam and Isis stand for is everything we in the West stand against - Sharia Law and many believing it should be enforced (and IS currently enforced in some places) throughout England, stoning women for adultry, forced underage marriage, discrimination in education against women, illegalising abortions, cruelty to animals aka halal slaughter, believing non-believers should die, believing homosexuality is punishable with death, many thousands believing a cartoon character that mildly offends their religion should be punishable by death ((WHAT???)) and ten thousand other crazy things.

ISIS aren't a reaction to the actions of Blair (and yes that was a mess), but ISIS and the media are using that as a scapegoat. It's clever, it paints Islam and ISIS as the victims - but they aren't the victims, they are the ones wielding knives and guns and shouting Allah Akbar as they behead women and blow up children in the single intention of turning this world into a Muslim world. It isn't revenge - it's a bid to take over, to take humanity back to the dark ages, to create a world full of religious nutty savages devoid of science or logic or reason.

If someone finds America more threatening than ISIS - that says far more on their beliefs and life values than it does about anything else.
    ISIS is the biggest threat of the century so far without a doubt and ultimately after they're taken down there will most certainly be another group because - the problem, lies in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otester)
    ISIS is backed by the USA via Turkey/Saudi Arabia.
    The NHS is funded by cigarettes through VAT.

/logic.

ReputationRep:
    My vote is for the yanks
    You're obviously a bit stupid. Do you really think that the US poses any kind of threat to you and your freedoms? Im assuming you live in the West right? You dont realise how lucky you are-you can say what you want and believe what you want.
    ISIS don't believe in that at all. They're not just a group of people who are angry at the west for Iraq etc.. they are horrible people who believe that everyone should be a muslim and follow their disgustng rules. You can't keep blaming the west, maybe we made mistakes- most people agree invading Iraq was wrong- but to blame ISIS on that is absurd.
    Take the Charlie Hebdo attacks. They werent just general attacks against the West, they specifically targeted a group of cartoonists who published something they didnt like. That's why they are the biggest threat to the world. They are trying to destroy all of our freedoms that you obviously take for granted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.