Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA? watch

• View Poll Results: Who is the bigger threat to the world, ISIS or the USA?
    ISIS
    47.42%
    USA
    52.58%

ReputationRep:
    Who would say ISIS? muslims? I heard that 30% of muslims in the USA support ISIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I'd say most of England is like that mate.
    Again with the weird and misleading generalizations. 'Those groups of people think like me so I must be right!!!'. You sound like a child, then again you probably are one.

ReputationRep:
    you could argue both tbh considering alot people believe the us are funding isis .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Again with the weird and misleading generalizations. 'Those groups of people think like me so I must be right!!!'. You sound like a child, then again you probably are one.
    What is your reasoning for the opposite? Why are the people who think like you right?

As a citizen of neither country, can someone explain to me why exactly people on this forum seem to dislike the US so much even though both are on the practically on the same level in terms of development (With America's economy being the larger of the two) and cultural ideals?

ReputationRep:
    What is your reasoning for the opposite? Why are the people who think like you right?
    I'm sure you've already read the several responses to the OP's question yet you've already cast them aside so I'm not sure why you're seeking another response from me.

However, the threat of ISIS is blown way out of proportion by scaremongers such as yourself and it would be ridiculous to suggest that the USA isn't a bigger threat to the world. The same nation that has over 800 military bases across other countries around the world is less of a threat than a bunch of radicalists? The same nation that possesses a population of over 300 million people (most of whom are patriotic and would fight for their country when called upon without hesitation, and even own weapons themselves!), an army of 500000 active soldiers and has resources and weapons beyond imagination is less worrying then a couple thousand radicalists who have very few resources and funding? Ridiculous. You only have to go through their war crimes to understand the damage and devastation they've caused to other nations throughout history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes).

Let's not forget the biggest crime in history, that USA is the only nation to ever drop an atomic bomb on another country (two, in fact), killing over 250000 innocent people in the process and doing unparalleled and unscaled damage to the lives of millions. There are many, many examples which can be researched. I'm still astounded at your ignorance tbh.

Now tell me again about the frightening dangers of ISIS in comparison to the most brutal murderers on this planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judas69)
    Who would say ISIS? muslims? I heardthat 30% of muslims in the USA support ISIS
    yeah you heard, not everything you hear is true....... perhaps activating your common sense may help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    I'm sure you've already read the several responses to the OP's question yet you've already cast them aside so I'm not sure why you're seeking another response from me.

However, the threat of ISIS is blown way out of proportion by scaremongers such as yourself and it would be ridiculous to suggest that the USA isn't a bigger threat to the world. The same nation that has over 800 military bases across other countries around the world is less of a threat than a bunch of radicalists? The same nation that possesses a population of over 300 million people (most of whom are patriotic and would fight for their country when called upon without hesitation, and even own weapons themselves!), an army of 500000 active soldiers and has resources and weapons beyond imagination is less worrying then a couple thousand radicalists who have very few resources and funding? Ridiculous. You only have to go through their war crimes to understand the damage and devastation they've caused to other nations throughout history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes).

Let's not forget the biggest crime in history, that USA is the only nation to ever drop an atomic bomb on another country (two, in fact), killing over 250000 innocent people in the process and doing unparalleled and unscaled damage to the lives of millions. There are many, many examples which can be researched. I'm still astounded at your ignorance tbh.

Now tell me again about the frightening dangers of ISIS in comparison to the most brutal murderers on this planet.
    Have you not seen the responses that agree with me? Do you cast them aside?

You said which is the biggest thread, not what was the biggest threat. The US is unlikely to use nuclear weapons in the near future and Japan are good allies with them these days.

Some countries welcome having US bases nearby.

For the sake of the world, the US isn't destroying culture and freedom as much as ISIS is. ISIS wishes to homogenize the world into a world of just Islamists.

ReputationRep:
    Have you not seen the responses that agree with me? Do you cast them aside?

You said which is the biggest thread, not what was the biggest threat. The US is unlikely to use nuclear weapons in the near future and Japan are good allies with them these days.

Some countries welcome having US bases nearby.

For the sake of the world, the US isn't destroying culture and freedom as much as ISIS is. ISIS wishes to homogenize the world into a world of just Islamists.
    So what? I wish I was Eternal Ruler of the Universe and everyone followed my every rule, does that mean it's feasible? F*ck no. Does ISIS have the capability or resources of 'destroying culture and freedom' and 'homogenizing the world into a world of just Islamists?' Again, f*ck no. It's just scaremongering.

Does the US have the capability and weapons to start a nuclear holocaust? Definitely. Should we be scared of them? Well, after their atrocities in Japan, Vietnam, Iraq and now Syria why shouldn't we be? They dropped a deadly bomb on hundreds of thousands of innocents. They've killed millions of innocent people who have done nothing wrong yet you brush it aside. Brainwashed, deluded. There are too many bad words to describe your way of thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mstone12)
    you could argue both tbh considering alot people believe the us are funding isis .
    Yeah but nobody with a functioning mind........

ReputationRep:
    The USA contributes more to global warming, which in my opinion is the single biggest threat to humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Yeah but nobody with a functioning mind........
    someone is aiding isis we dont know for sure but seems obvious who they are .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjc17)
    Absolutely and completely ridiculous thread. On a hundred levels. OBVIOUSLY ISIS is the threat, the ONLY way America is a threat is it's a threat to ISIS.

Firstly, America and western values stand for everything that ISIS fights against; freedom, equality and logic.
    ISIS seeks to take away every strand of freedom of choice from the masses, convert every non-muslim to a muslim and kill the non-believers and create havoc across the western planet and worse than all of that - people in western countries are blind to the very real threat ISIS poses. Far left wing media tries desperately to hide and manipulate anything that might tarnish Islam or Muslims.

On top of all this, there's an obvious flaw and issue within the culture of Muslims and Islam living in western countries, there's an extremist issue that has become more and more apparent in recent times, with many, many young muslims turning to extremism in prisons, mosques, schools.
    And then there are hundreds of thousands of muslims behaving passively aggressively and often aggressively towards the western countries they live in and the western values they are are surrounded by.

I always hear the same thing, over and over, Bush and Blair are the reason for all the extremism, all the islamic hatred - wrong.
    The reason for all the war and hate ultimately is because everything Islam and Isis stand for is everything we in the West stand against - Sharia Law and many believing it should be enforced (and IS currently enforced in some places) throughout England, stoning women for adultry, forced underage marriage, discrimination in education against women, illegalising abortions, cruelty to animals aka halal slaughter, believing non-believers should die, believing homosexuality is punishable with death, many thousands believing a cartoon character that mildly offends their religion should be punishable by death ((WHAT???)) and ten thousand other crazy things.

ISIS aren't a reaction to the actions of Blair (and yes that was a mess), but ISIS and the media are using that as a scapegoat. It's clever, it paints Islam and ISIS as the victims - but they aren't the victims, they are the ones wielding knives and guns and shouting Allah Akbar as they behead women and blow up children in the single intention of turning this world into a Muslim world. It isn't revenge - it's a bid to take over, to take humanity back to the dark ages, to create a world full of religious nutty savages devoid of science or logic or reason.

If someone finds America more threatening than ISIS - that says far more on their beliefs and life values than it does about anything else.
    ISIS is the biggest threat of the century so far without a doubt and ultimately after they're taken down there will most certainly be another group because - the problem, lies in Islam.
    First of all read the Title carefully, its asking who is the BIGGER threat, not which one is the threat. Nobody here is saying that Daesh isn't a threat - perhaps reading some the comments first - it may have helped you realise this!

Secondly have you ever heard of the profit motive? or news values? or deviancy application?
    If so you would have realised that the media will always target Islam because people like you will immediately believe everything they say and you will not do your own accurate research to see whether what they say is actually the truth!
    In addition Daesh have killed a looooot of Muslims (men, Women and children) and blown up many mosques - which Muslim would want to be a part of that???!!!!!!!!! Ultimately whatever the far left does, the media will always try and find a way to brainwash the masses so they can make tonnes of profit off the ignorance and stupidity of people like you!

'Many young Muslims are turning to extremism' - what a stupid simple statement!!!!! the likelihood of you having any sort of evidence is minimal. And before you pull out some random article trying to prove your point, remember that something called mathematics and statistics does actually exist a.k.a 1 case of extremism does not represent the 2 million Muslims living here in the UK. Even if it was 10,000 individual/ unique cases - that still would not be representative.
    "And then there are hundreds of thousands of muslims behaving passively aggressively and often aggressively towards the western countries they live in and the western values they are are surrounded by." - again your representative evidence please? oh wait there is none! (btw check your comment before submitting it, there are some obvious grammar mistakes!)

"Bush and Blair are the reason for all the extremism" - do you know why? when the 2 evil people were finished with Iraq and killing/ torturing many of its citizens, that left a massive vacuum within the country. This was filled with the heinous Iranian government immediately implementing a puppet government in Iraq and the vacuum was also filled by the terrorist. Since then Iraq has never been a stable prosperous county, whereas under SH's rule, it was. AND BEFORE YOU ACCOUSE ME OF BEING A SADDAM HUSSEIN SUPPORTER- I'm not! but when you compare Him with the current situation now, he is soooooooo obviously the lesser of the 2 evils! (especially when you take into consideration he had a large support base in Iraq).
    And Don't pull out the excuse that 'Tony Blair was fooled by Bush that Saddam Hussein had WMD' because as a prime minister you should do your accurate and valid research before making a decision - ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT DECISION MAY LEAD ONTO WAR AND DEATHS OF MANY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Secondly people in Iraq will want justice for their relatives that were killed/ tortured mercilessly during the war - and when they found out that this is not possible, the inevitability was that some of them would turn to revenge, its part of human Nature. So long story short, Bush and Blair are the original causes of the extremism in Iraq!

Furthermore let me remind you that Allahu Akbar is Arabic for God is Great. If you were to go to a country like Lebanon you find all the Jews, Christians and Muslims all saying it because that's the main language they all speak! And once again I think you will find that's its Daesh that are killing children, women and Men of all religions - they are heinous people, Im not denying that! At the same time they don't follow Islam!

'The reason for all the war and hate ultimately is because everything Islam and Isis stand for is everything we in the West stand against - Sharia Law and many believing it should be enforced (and IS currently enforced in some places) throughout England, stoning women for adultery,' - Oh please spare me the propaganda BS! YOU really are the perfect fit for the hypodermic syringe model! Sharia law was created by the media to mislead people like you! Muslims believe in something called sharia - which translates to a Muslims guide on life to reach heaven in the after life. It talks about prayer, fasting and other Islamic Activities. All active Muslims follow it everyday. SHARIA LAW IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

As for the rest of the comment, non of it is derived from translated Islamic scriptures, that's because Qur'anic Arabic cannot be translated into English. It's the same With Torah Hebrew! the 2 languages are so complex and different, this enables them to hold a lot information! What Jews and Muslims can do is tell you a simplified generic message and the historical context of each verse of their respective holy books. When you translate them, you get all the information that is 100% inaccurate!
    'ISIS is the biggest threat of the century so far without a doubt and ultimately after they're taken down there will most certainly be another group because - the problem, lies in Islam' here is some food for thought. If the problem is with Islam, then why hasn't a problem like this never existed before the year (lets say) 1995? please don't show yourself to be utterly incompetent and say because Muslims suddenly decided to incite fear in the world for the fun of it.
    I think you find its because continued attack on Muslims and their allies will eventually result in some form of revenge. One good example is How the USA continues to support Israeli aggression towards Palestinian Muslims, Christians and Palestinian Ultra Orthodox Jews.

Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    I read a statistic somewhere that the USA has been involved in war for 75% of its 300ish year existence. I knew Afghans and Iraqis during 6th form, I know Vietnamese and Russian people during from university, and not one of them speaks about the US respectfully, and I am the same. I find them significantly more dangerous than ISIS because they go under the guise of "freedom fighters" or the good guys.

At least ISIS let you know straight away they want to kill you. The US will try to convince you it's "helping" you as if their views on what is right and wrong (obtained from various slaughters/rebellions/wars i.e. Native Americans, civil wars & you can pretty much pick any country out of a hat with resources) are somehow superior to yours. That is what makes them so much more dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    First of all read the Title carefully, its asking who is the BIGGER threat, not which one is the threat. Nobody here is saying that Daesh isn't a threat - perhaps reading some the comments first - it may have helped you realise this!

Secondly have you ever heard of the profit motive? or news values? or deviancy application?
    If so you would have realised that the media will always target Islam because people like you will immediately believe everything they say and you will not do your own accurate research to see whether what they say is actually the truth!
    In addition Daesh have killed a looooot of Muslims (men, Women and children) and blown up many mosques - which Muslim would want to be a part of that???!!!!!!!!! Ultimately whatever the far left does, the media will always try and find a way to brainwash the masses so they can make tonnes of profit off the ignorance and stupidity of people like you!

'Many young Muslims are turning to extremism' - what a stupid simple statement!!!!! the likelihood of you having any sort of evidence is minimal. And before you pull out some random article trying to prove your point, remember that something called mathematics and statistics does actually exist a.k.a 1 case of extremism does not represent the 2 million Muslims living here in the UK. Even if it was 10,000 individual/ unique cases - that still would not be representative.
    "And then there are hundreds of thousands of muslims behaving passively aggressively and often aggressively towards the western countries they live in and the western values they are are surrounded by." - again your representative evidence please? oh wait there is none! (btw check your comment before submitting it, there are some obvious grammar mistakes!)

"Bush and Blair are the reason for all the extremism" - do you know why? when the 2 evil people were finished with Iraq and killing/ torturing many of its citizens, that left a massive vacuum within the country. This was filled with the heinous Iranian government immediately implementing a puppet government in Iraq and the vacuum was also filled by the terrorist. Since then Iraq has never been a stable prosperous county, whereas under SH's rule, it was. AND BEFORE YOU ACCOUSE ME OF BEING A SADDAM HUSSEIN SUPPORTER- I'm not! but when you compare Him with the current situation now, he is soooooooo obviously the lesser of the 2 evils! (especially when you take into consideration he had a large support base in Iraq).
    And Don't pull out the excuse that 'Tony Blair was fooled by Bush that Saddam Hussein had WMD' because as a prime minister you should do your accurate and valid research before making a decision - ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT DECISION MAY LEAD ONTO WAR AND DEATHS OF MANY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Secondly people in Iraq will want justice for their relatives that were killed/ tortured mercilessly during the war - and when they found out that this is not possible, the inevitability was that some of them would turn to revenge, its part of human Nature. So long story short, Bush and Blair are the original causes of the extremism in Iraq!

Furthermore let me remind you that Allahu Akbar is Arabic for God is Great. If you were to go to a country like Lebanon you find all the Jews, Christians and Muslims all saying it because that's the main language they all speak! And once again I think you will find that's its Daesh that are killing children, women and Men of all religions - they are heinous people, Im not denying that! At the same time they don't follow Islam!

'The reason for all the war and hate ultimately is because everything Islam and Isis stand for is everything we in the West stand against - Sharia Law and many believing it should be enforced (and IS currently enforced in some places) throughout England, stoning women for adultery,' - Oh please spare me the propaganda BS! YOU really are the perfect fit for the hypodermic syringe model! Sharia law was created by the media to mislead people like you! Muslims believe in something called sharia - which translates to a Muslims guide on life to reach heaven in the after life. It talks about prayer, fasting and other Islamic Activities. All active Muslims follow it everyday. SHARIA LAW IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

As for the rest of the comment, non of it is derived from translated Islamic scriptures, that's because Qur'anic Arabic cannot be translated into English. It's the same With Torah Hebrew! the 2 languages are so complex and different, this enables them to hold a lot information! What Jews and Muslims can do is tell you a simplified generic message and the historical context of each verse of their respective holy books. When you translate them, you get all the information that is 100% inaccurate!
    'ISIS is the biggest threat of the century so far without a doubt and ultimately after they're taken down there will most certainly be another group because - the problem, lies in Islam' here is some food for thought. If the problem is with Islam, then why hasn't a problem like this never existed before the year (lets say) 1995? please don't show yourself to be utterly incompetent and say because Muslims suddenly decided to incite fear in the world for the fun of it.
    I think you find its because continued attack on Muslims and their allies will eventually result in some form of revenge. One good example is How the USA continues to support Israeli aggression towards Palestinian Muslims, Christians and Palestinian Ultra Orthodox Jews.

Think about it.
    I haven't cringed this hard at a post in a long time. Your desperation to remove any and all blame from Muslims for anything and direct it towards Britain and America due to your obvious hatred of The West (along with your arrogance in your delusion of the perfection of your belief system) is embarrassing and quite frankly says a lot about you - and none of it good.

ReputationRep:
    SOCTIS are pure evil. they must be destroyed like rabid dogs.

ReputationRep:
    This question was asked to a bunch of harvard students, here is their answer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EtuPJ0H-Fc

ReputationRep:
    I arrived too late in the thread ...
    Mangala is banned ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I haven't cringed this hard at a post in a long time. Your desperation to remove any and all blame from Muslims for anything and direct it towards Britain and America due to your obvious hatred of The West (along with your arrogance in your delusion of the perfection of your belief system) is embarrassing and quite frankly says a lot about you - and none of it good.
    Wow what an amazing comeback, very impressive, an Outstanding way to keep an educated debate alive...... not.

'Your desperation to remove any and all blame from Muslims' - when did I say this? oh wait I didn't! Next time don't make things up.
    and just to clear any doubt up, there are problems within Muslim societies across the world. I already know that! there are also problems in African societies, Indian societies, Chinese societies, Western Societies, Christian societies, Jewish Societies etc. Lets not pretend its just Islamic societies, we should identify, face and tackle all problems head on!

'direct it towards Britain and America due to your obvious hatred of The West' errrrrrrm, I live in the west, specifically the UK. Just because I disagree with some decisions taken by current and previous governments doesn't make me anti-west. For e.g. I really hate the fact that the government has delayed the electrification of rail lines in the north of England - that doesn't make me anti - UK. another example is I hate the fact we have once again got ourselves involved in bombing in the middle east (I feel that will have little effect) -
    that doesn't make me anti - UK or anti- west does it!

'(along with your arrogance in your delusion of the perfection of your belief system) is embarrassing and quite frankly says a lot about you - and none of it good'Yeah this is your opinion (which isn't fact), rather ironically that has made you sound quite arrogant yourself.

long story short, in my large response, I was trying to correct all the myths many members of society believe in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    the question is who is a bigger threat to the WORLD, not just to you personally.
    islamiist groups rather than jsut IS alone, are much more of an actual threat to the world, purley on the nonsense and backward immorality they spread, and the simple minded people in most societies they can influence, and in every society there are always gullible people.

The USA is certianly a more capable and well armed nation that if you pissed off, could be a formidable threat to anyone. fortunatley though, so far, they have had fairly level headed leaders with reasonable morals. plus its in the USAs interests to have a stable world scene rather than the war and chaos the islamists want.

in terms of who has the potential to cause more actual issues for the world , well North Korea is again better equipped and has more brainpower than all islamists put together. but they are reigned in by china who again see beenfits of world security.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.