Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 18 and male.
    Over the past few weeks I think I've been developing a crush on this girl that I see on a Friday. I only see her during a lesson which I have in a shared classroom (she's in the other class). She's beautiful and dresses really nicely. I don't know anything about her but her dress sense is similar to the style that I like.
    I really want to get to know her.
    The thing is I have no confidence and I'm really quiet, so it's hard for me to speak to people but i guess I'll have to to do it.
    Also my lesson finishes before hers and I can't speak to her in lesson (my class has to sit on the other side of the room to hers so I can't sit next to her). I also think she might find it a bit creepy if I waited outside for her.
    I don't know her name and she sits on her own so I don't know who her friends are.
    I would like a little advice on what I could do.
    Remember I only see her at this time every Friday.
    I can't stop thinking about her now.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for her outside and when she leaves just go up to her and ask her about an assignment then transition into maybe coffee or something after class someday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Just wait for her outside and when she leaves just go up to her and ask her about an assignment then transition into maybe coffee or something after class someday
    How should I approach her? Most likely she'll leave with everyone else and it would be awkward for me and her.
    I guess I could try that. I really don't wanna screw up.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    How should I approach her? Most likely she'll leave with everyone else and it would be awkward for me and her.
    I guess I could try that. I really don't wanna screw up.
    Thanks
    Don't make it obvious, she'll know you're flirting with her most likely, but just play it cool, try to start up a conversation and then at the end ask her to grab lunch or coffee sometime, also ask for her number cuz if you dont it can get awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Don't make it obvious, she'll know you're flirting with her most likely, but just play it cool, try to start up a conversation and then at the end ask her to grab lunch or coffee sometime, also ask for her number cuz if you dont it can get awkward.
    Ah ok. I'm not great at conversations but I'll do my best.
    Should I ask for her number that soon? I don't want to lead her away from me. It seems a little too soon in my opinion.
    Also how do I start the conversation, should I just say "Hey, I've seen you around and you come across as a really nice, I was just wondering if you wanted to get to know each other"?
    Also how long should the first convo be.
    Sorry, I'm really inexperienced with girls.

ReputationRep:
    Should I ask for her number that soon? I don't want to lead her away from me. It seems a little too soon in my opinion.
    Also how do I start the conversation, should I just say "Hey, I've seen you around and you come across as a really nice, I was just wondering if you wanted to get to know each other"?
    'wait you're in class x right?'

'what did he/she mean when they said X'

say something funny about their lesson

then ease in with something so it's more relaxed but just do you you'll b fine

(doesn't have to be the exact same nor in that order it's just a general idea)

listen to some future or chief keef or that new desiigner song before u go in it'll help a little

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair enough. I guess you could say that, though I would say something less direct, maybe like "Hey, I found this assignment today (or whatever) was really hard, what did you think of it?" and from there you can talk a bit about class and stuff then at the end just be like "I really enjoyed talking to you, maybe we can grab some coffee sometime", if she replies sure just say "alright cool, and if you dont mind can I have your number so I can text you to confirm closer to the day".
    Or something along those lines.
    Also dont worry, I find that asking for numbers really isnt that bad, infact I find it quite easy.
    Good luck, tell me how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Haha fair enough. I guess you could say that, though I would say something less direct, maybe like "Hey, I found this assignment today (or whatever) was really hard, what did you think of it?" and from there you can talk a bit about class and stuff then at the end just be like "I really enjoyed talking to you, maybe we can grab some coffee sometime", if she replies sure just say "alright cool, and if you dont mind can I have your number so I can text you to confirm closer to the day".
    Or something along those lines.
    Also dont worry, I find that asking for numbers really isnt that bad, infact I find it quite easy.
    Good luck, tell me how it goes
    Were in different classes so i cant really ask her about assignments. I ask for her number at the end like you mentioned.
    Ok fair enough. Ive only ever asked one girl for her number before and that was after a few months of talking. She gave it to me btw.
    Thanks. Will do.

ReputationRep:
    Add her on fb, it'll be much easier to make conversation that way

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be another TSR Crush thread for a minute then! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelucBeam)
    Add her on fb, it'll be much easier to make conversation that way
    I would but i dont know her name so i cant.
    I want to do it in persn anyway.
    It will boost my confidence more that way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.