Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im really confused about which accommodation is best?? At the moment, im looking at Trafalgar Hall? Or maybe Burrell or Rees Hall because it's catered?

These are the main things i want:
    - quiet place
    - less drunken people in corridors in the middle of the night?
    - close to library/town/campus (im doing business if that helps)
    - en suite
    - somewhere where i could watch netflix all day instead of going out partying?
    - not a fan of night life

Of course I would prefer walking but if accommodation is far away from uni buildings/lecture buildings but are there bike hire services around?

I would appreciate if you could also state the distances (time) between the accommodation to the campus too?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    it might help if you mentioned anywhere in that which uni you were planning on attending aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    it might help if you mentioned anywhere in that which uni you were planning on attending aha
    I assume Portsmouth since its posted in the Portsmouth section 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    ohh.. im sorry! its portsmouth. I went on the portsmouth page to start this thread and assumed that it was under that topic... xD

ReputationRep:
    I got the impression that the Margaret Rule Hall is a rather peaceful accommodation when I visited the open day.I'm also looking for a more "quiet" accommodation. Not really a party animal myself either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northlake)
    I got the impression that the Margaret Rule Hall is a rather peaceful accommodation when I visited the open day.I'm also looking for a more "quiet" accommodation. Not really a party animal myself either
    why not do a house share? I reckon they are more peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolathea)
    why not do a house share? I reckon they are more peaceful.
    I was looking into that! Do you perhaps know where best to look for roommates?
    I'm from the Netherlands and don't know anyone in the UK, so sadly I can't share a house with people I already know.
    That's why I was recommended to live in a dorm my first year, in order to meet new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northlake)
    I was looking into that! Do you perhaps know where best to look for roommates?
    I'm from the Netherlands and don't know anyone in the UK, so sadly I can't share a house with people I already know.
    That's why I was recommended to live in a dorm my first year, in order to meet new people.
    I am looking for a house share in September I don't want to go to an accommodation because I have seen my friends at another uni having messy kitchens and annoying neighbor students from other flats and I can't deal with that plus I need parking for my car.
    This website is by far the most useful and its on similar basis as uni accommodation but you just live off campus with other students.http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-a...ortsmouth.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolathea)
    I am looking for a house share in September I don't want to go to an accommodation because I have seen my friends at another uni having messy kitchens and annoying neighbor students from other flats and I can't deal with that plus I need parking for my car.
    This website is by far the most useful and its on similar basis as uni accommodation but you just live off campus with other students.http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-a...ortsmouth.html
    Thanks so much! I'm surprised that a lot of houses are much cheaper than uni accommodation.. the houses also look 10 times better haha! I'm really going to consider this instead. If I were to live on campus everything is on walking distance, but it wouldn't really matter to me if I have to take the bus every morning.

So what are you planning to study?

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I live in Bateson Hall at the moment and I think it's very quiet (I can relate to everything you wrote in your first post). I have a couple of posts on my blog regarding accommodation: this one is specifically about Bateson, while this is the first of two posts collecting opinions about other halls and comparing them to Bateson, which is the one I know best.

I hope you'll find them helpful!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi! Hannah from the Student Housing team here at UoP! If you want to go into a house share in your first year, just put this in your application! We can then send you loads of information all about finding a place to stay in Portsmouth, links to the secret fresher house hunter Facebook group we set up so you can meet other possible sharers, and we even hold events in the summer to helps students not only find their perfect student home but the housemates to go with it too! We have our own official private accommodation website listings at www.portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Portsmouth
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.