The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Starting university at LSBU (london south bank university) accomodation help?

hello
I have accepted my unconditional offer to LSBU (London South Bank Uni) and was just wondering if anyone could help me with the accommodation process,
I am hoping to live in halls at McLaren house as it looks like the best of the options but I have no idea how or when to go about doing this.
I read somewhere that you can apply from march, but different places are telling me different things. also the £300 charge - what exactly is this for and when does it have to be paid?
Id love if anyone who lives there now or has in the past could tell me about the area? is it safe? lots to do? where do you do your shopping and laundry sort of thing?
thank you so much!
Hi Latisha,

I'm not at McLaren but I live at Dante. McLaren is a bit of a party block that looks remarkably like a jail from the outer quarters. It's a really nice halls though. There's 24hr security which is good in a way but MAN it is a pain the ass when you want to bring friends back. Like they are crazy strict on it. No guests without a guest pass for overnight stays, you have to literally walk down to reception, sign your guest in at the desk and take them up. If they aren't back by a certain time, they will hunt you down lol.

It's nice and close to the Uni though so that's a huge perk.

The £300 charge is like a deposit. On your last month of living in accommodation it gets deducted from rent owed I think. At least it is for us nursing students. You pay this within 7 days of getting your acceptance offer of accommodation.

This area of London is a bit dodge but so long as you're proactive (ie don't act dumb) you'll be ok. Some people in Dante have been mugged in daylight even so it's about keeping yourself aware. Washing is in halls in a room. We use washstation cards and use them to pay for the washer and drier (2.50 washer, 1.00 drier).

Lot's to do. Close to central. Shopping can be done at the tesco in elephant and castle shopping centre or delivered by tesco or sainsburys etc.

Hope this helps! Good luck with moving.
London
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying! A party block oh dear okay 😂 are you aloud more than one friend to spend the night or is it only one at a time? That sounds annoying, with the charge that sounds great then at least I don't have to pay it straight away.
Thank you so much for the help! Is Dante a nice place to live?? I was considering it but I'm not 100%
Original post by latisha1479
hello
I have accepted my unconditional offer to LSBU (London South Bank Uni) and was just wondering if anyone could help me with the accommodation process,
I am hoping to live in halls at McLaren house as it looks like the best of the options but I have no idea how or when to go about doing this.
I read somewhere that you can apply from march, but different places are telling me different things. also the £300 charge - what exactly is this for and when does it have to be paid?
Id love if anyone who lives there now or has in the past could tell me about the area? is it safe? lots to do? where do you do your shopping and laundry sort of thing?
thank you so much!

Completely unrelated to your axcomodation query but could I possible ask what grades you applied to LSBU with in order to gain an unconditional offer??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending