Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    Is it possible to go into Medicine with Biology, Maths and Psychology, like Doctor GP etc?

    Unfortunately, you do need to do A Level chemistry if you want to study the conventional 5 year medicine courses. The only place I can think of which doesn't require a full A Level in Chemistry is Barts and The London, however they want it to AS at least, and I do think you'd be at a disadvantage to other applicants.

    However, there are foundation medicine courses. These are six years long (see http://goo.gl/31Hx5B) but they often don't require Chemistry and are targeted towards people with more humanities based subjects - though you could class all three of your subjects as sciences.

    Have a look at some foundation courses to see what their entry requirements are. Bear in mind that they are often extremely competitive so you'll need a strong application.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.