Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think we are the most advanced in the universe?. watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that we are.
    I believe the Universe is teeming with life, but not intelligent life.

I think that the Universe is teeming with creatures that look like bugs or fish.

(Original post by Versatileshrimp)

I think that the Universe is teeming with creatures that look like bugs or fish.
    Does universe means Earth ? If it is then yeah
    But if universe is like umh universe , then I just don't know. How could we know that ? He's big !

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate, Omicron Persei 8 is teeming with advanced huge alien monsters that could conquer our planet in a day for eating their younglings.

ReputationRep:
    that look like bugs or fish.
    Lolwut, that's so improbable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Does universe means Earth ? If it is then yeah
    But if universe is like umh universe , then I just don't know. How could we know that ? He's big !
    First of all - it's big, not he's big, the universe is not a person lol.

Second we can look at what conditions had to happen for our evolution into intelligent beings, and infer from that , that it is highly unlikely those conditions repeated anywhete in the universe.

I doubt they look anything like bugs or fish. Life forms can only be really defined in biological terms based on the life on Earth. "Life" may not even be organic out there somewhere let alone look anywhere near what we expect :|

(Original post by Swanbow)
    Nah mate, Omicron Persei 8 is teeming with advanced huge alien monsters that could conquer our planet in a day for eating their younglings.
    It would be fun :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If we're the most intelligent species in the Universe, God help us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    It would be fun :lol:

ReputationRep:
    But you know when I read the Daily Mail sometimes, I really really hope that we are not the most intelligent creatures the universe was able to produce...

First of all - it's big, not his big, the universe is not a person lol.

Second we can look at what conditions had to happen for our evolution into intelligent beings, and infer from that , that it is highly unlikely those conditions repeated anywhete in the universe.
    Actually it's pretty likely if you have a look at drakes equation? Number of galaxies, stars with planets in orbit, possibly habitable planets and etc likely makes up for the low probabilities of the suitable conditions for intelligent life arising at any of those planets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    When you've seen so much Futurama that you get the reference...

First of all - it's big, not he's big, the universe is not a person lol.

I'm sorry for the faults I'm not a native ^^

If it happened in Earth, why not somewhere else ? Improbable does not mean impossible

ReputationRep:
    I hope not.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that at the end of the day we are just a bunch of f*****g apes.

Don't forget that at the end of the day we are just a bunch of f*****g apes.
    So what ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    When you've seen so much Futurama that you get the reference...
    Don't worry I get that all the time on Reddit, and sometimes TSR :lol:

ReputationRep:

This is really good. An interesting statement.
    But apparently, at recent stages, there were announcements of discoveries of Earth like planets or "Earth twins" or those quite similar to our Earth in some parts of the universe.
    I think that would suggest to us, logically thinking, that actually the conditions you mentioned could be repeated somewhere in the universe, besides our own planet. Or in other words, given those discoveries, the chances of that are increased and that makes it at least a bit more likely.
    Just an idea ... No one has to agree with me.

ReputationRep:
    Well isn't that a f****** scary thought...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.