Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the cleverest film youve watched Watch

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club is one of my all time favourites.

On the list would have to be Sixth Sense, but it got tiresome after you know the twist and you've watched it a few times.

A mention to Law Abiding Citizen... before that awful ending quarter of the film. I believe firmly in a reboot, it has the plot points and characters to be very good but it got destroyed. Give it a re-write and a proper direction I reckon it could be a brilliant film.

ReputationRep:
    Primal fear

ReputationRep:
    I think most Christopher Nolan films are clever. Especially Memento, Inception, Dark Knight, The Prestige and Interstellar.
    And The Usual Suspects.(Best enjoyed with low expectations)

Vanilla Sky - had to watch 2x to actually understand what happened and even then I was like "whatttttt??????"

Now you see me - but I kind of guessed the ending

The Usual Suspects - simply amazing

Wanted - really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    i dont know what the **** went on at the end of the prestige.

looking through these suggestions usual suspects is a given, perhaps one of the best of all time, 6th sense obviously, identity was another good one, Arlington road and probably my fave, the original Oldboy

not many recent ones though
    It's weird because I predicted the ending to be exactly what it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Vanilla Sky - had to watch 2x to actually understand what happened and even then I was like "whatttttt??????"

Now you see me - but I kind of guessed the ending

The Usual Suspects - simply amazing

Wanted - really good
    I need to watch that film again... The ending has such a twist...

ReputationRep:
    Gne girl, and for all those who watch bollywood Race was pretty hard to keep up with, it was twist after twist

ReputationRep:
    Shutter Island, I can't remember it exactly as it was soooo long ago that I watched it, but it was impressive.
    The Exam also

ReputationRep:
    i suppose its. the edge, catch me if u can, the prestige, jurassic park...

(Original post by SassKing13)
    I need to watch that film again... The ending has such a twist...
    Omg the ending is amazing!!!!!! Spacey was awesome in the movie and damn once I forgot the name of the movie so in Google I typed in "man who fakes limp movie" 😂😂😂 and it came up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Omg the ending is amazing!!!!!! Spacey was awesome in the movie and damn once I forgot the name of the movie so in Google I typed in "man who fakes limp movie" 😂😂😂 and it came up lol
    Hahaha I see We actually still have it on video

ReputationRep:
    Who is KEYSER SOZE?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Donnie Darko

Probably Incendies...
    A relatively unheard of French-Canadian film, but absolutely brilliant to watch!

(Original post by Blind Ferret)
    Fight Club is one of my all time favourites.

On the list would have to be Sixth Sense, but it got tiresome after you know the twist and you've watched it a few times.

A mention to Law Abiding Citizen... before that awful ending quarter of the film. I believe firmly in a reboot, it has the plot points and characters to be very good but it got destroyed. Give it a re-write and a proper direction I reckon it could be a brilliant film.
    The pursuit of happYness , with Will Smith, such a beautiful movie.. :'

ReputationRep:
    Usual Suspects ending :O

ReputationRep:
    I think Ex Machina would apply to this, definitely one of my favourite recent movies. As someone said before, the Nolan movies are pretty clever (Inception, Interstellar).
    Shutter Island, Looper, The Matrix, Memento, the list goes on, but I though Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind could qualify as 'clever', maybe not in the same league as some of the above mentioned movies, but it's up there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and if we're mentioning anime movies, then would Paprika count? Or is that just borderline insanity? :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Shallow Hal.

ReputationRep:
    secrets and lies by mike leigh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.