Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard back from all my choices and got offers for all. Since all my offers are for the same grades (AAB) it was pretty much about picking which Uni I liked the most and was between Exeter and Bham. Finally decided Bham is for me so wondering if anyone else has definitely decided they're either going to Bham next year (given the grades) or more specifically Psychology at Bham?

~ Just looking for someone to discuss accommodation with, course info, uni plans etc. and I guess if Bham is your firm then maybe a friend for September!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I firmed Birmingham today and Psychology is the course I've applied for. 😊
    Just curious, what made you pick Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El0ise)
    Hey, I firmed Birmingham today and Psychology is the course I've applied for. 😊
    Just curious, what made you pick Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh great!

Well since I'm from London I figured Bham as a city would be more like London (in terms of people, nightlife, shopping etc.) than Exeter, it's generally more central in the country to easier to visit friends around England, closer to home, cheaper travel to and from home. I prefer the Bham campus and accommodation, the courses are pretty much the same but I liked how at Bham there's always the option of a year abroad (although very limited there's still the opportunity).

What made you pick Bham over your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, yeah makes sense then! I also like that there's the opportunity for the year abroad. I've found that a lot of universities want you to apply for Psychology with year abroad, rather than letting you decide once you get to uni.

I think it's because Birmingham had the whole package for me. I loved the course, the campus and the city. Plus the people I spoke to genuinely seemed to think it was a great place to study.

Are you currently taking A-level Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am, along with Biology and Art. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xofia)
    Yeah I am, along with Biology and Art. What about you?
    Cool and yeah, with English Literature and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.