Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here done the Charterhouse sixth form entrance exam ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do a late one, which is next week. Could anyone, preferably who have done the maths and theology/philosophy exam tell me what it was like? (Just so I have a small idea what I'm up for)
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did a maths scholarship test at another private school for sixth form. Section A was GCSE level stuff which everyone was expected to be able to do and was the same as the entrance exam. The one I did was just questions that were common to all different exam boards.

I also looked at some philosophy past papers (I didn't do this but I glanced at them alongside the others). They were mainly questions that made you think as they wanted to see how you reacted to a given statement about key issues such as abortion or euthanasia. They weren't looking for whether you had learnt about the topics neccessarily but they were looking at the thought process behind what you were answering.

Hope this helps and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura5746352)
    I've applied to do a late one, which is next week. Could anyone, preferably who have done the maths and theology/philosophy exam tell me what it was like? (Just so I have a small idea what I'm up for)
    Many thanks
    Hi , are u going to Charterhouse? I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura5746352)
    Many thanks
    The maths exam is really easy, you have plenty of time, and as long as you know your GCSE maths well you'll be fine! I think the last question asks about a Rhombus (if they haven't changed the exams since I did it, just telling you because I didn't know what a Rhombus was). There should also be an arithmetic test and a vocab test! Good Luck!! I think most late applicants get in anyways (I applied late too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    The maths exam is really easy, you have plenty of time, and as long as you know your GCSE maths well you'll be fine! I think the last question asks about a Rhombus (if they haven't changed the exams since I did it, just telling you because I didn't know what a Rhombus was). There should also be an arithmetic test and a vocab test! Good Luck!! I think most late applicants get in anyways (I applied late too).
    Are u going to Ch in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ludovicomatildi)
    Are u going to Ch in September?
    I'm returning there as a second year, do you have any questions about the school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    I'm returning there as a second year, do you have any questions about the school?
    Just a stupid one Ahah, do they clean up the rooms and change the sheets or it's all up to us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ludovicomatildi)
    Just a stupid one Ahah, do they clean up the rooms and change the sheets or it's all up to us?
    Haha , They clean up your rooms, but you have to change the sheets (Once a week), at least that is what happens to boys in my house.

ReputationRep:
    Hi -- where does one obtain these past papers from? and do you have any pointers on the essay/personal statement? Many thanks.

(Original post by Ara8311a)
    I did a maths scholarship test at another private school for sixth form. Section A was GCSE level stuff which everyone was expected to be able to do and was the same as the entrance exam. The one I did was just questions that were common to all different exam boards.

I also looked at some philosophy past papers (I didn't do this but I glanced at them alongside the others). They were mainly questions that made you think as they wanted to see how you reacted to a given statement about key issues such as abortion or euthanasia. They weren't looking for whether you had learnt about the topics neccessarily but they were looking at the thought process behind what you were answering.

Hope this helps and good luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.