Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would a lethal injection work well on me ? I have veiny forearms watch

ReputationRep:
    I understand that many people are executed each year in the USA alone for people on death row, one of the most common way of execution (as well as electric chair ) is the lethal injection, people who are there to end your life fill an injection/s full of poison and chemicals and inject it in your vein killing you

I have a question, I have veiny forearms but you can only notice really as I'm working out at the gym lifting heavy weights, lots of people tell me my arms are veiny. (not a steroid user, just been going the gym for a long time )

Just wondered, as I have veiny arms if I was put on death row and they injected me with a lethal injection would it's affect work better on me and kill me faster ??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    not really an Everyday Issue :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    not really an Everyday Issue :dontknow:
    it happens everyday in USA

would you care to answer my question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love life)
    it happens everyday in USA

would you care to answer my question
    ermmm they might stick it in your leg if your arms are not suitable ? or somewhere else ?

Lifting weights, makes your heart muscle stronger, increasing the stroke volume. But the cardiac output will remain the same as your heart rate will decrease to make up for the increase in stroke volume. You'll still get the same volume of blood propelling through your veins in a given time and so, no, being more veiny as a result of working out won't make the lethal injection work faster.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    ermmm they might stick it in your leg if your arms are not suitable ? or somewhere else ?

I guess if the arm is not variable then they will stick in in the leg but I'm asking that because my arms are veiny surely the lethal injection would work better and kill me faster ?
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Lifting weights, makes your heart muscle stronger, increasing the stroke volume. But the cardiac output will remain the same as your heart rate will decrease to make up for the increase in stroke volume. You'll still get the same volume of blood propelling through your veins in a given time and so, no, being more veiny as a result of working out won't make the lethal injection work faster.

(Original post by Serine Soul)

But I seem to have veiner arms than some other people at the gym, if somebody injected a lethal injection in my arms surely it would kill me quicker ?

ReputationRep:
    they give several chemicals one after the other. the first one is like a general anaesthetic to make you unconscious... the others are to shut down your organs... so you won't suffer. in theory.

(Original post by I love life)
    I guess if the arm is not variable then they will stick in in the leg but I'm asking that because my arms are veiny surely the lethal injection would work better and kill me faster ?

But I seem to have veiner arms than some other people at the gym, if somebody injected a lethal injection in my arms surely it would kill me quicker ?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You are first sedated using Sodium Thiopental, which will reach the brain in approximately 30 seconds. Following this, you are injected with Pancuronium Bromide which will induce muscle paralysis, causing to you suffocate. Only after this will they administer a lethal dose of Potassium Chloride, which will cause heart failure.

None of the above will be affected by having veiny arms.

ReputationRep:
    they give several chemicals one after the other. the first one is like a general anaesthetic to make you unconscious... the others are to shut down your organs... so you won't suffer. in theory.
    Actually the second one suffocates you - it paralyses the muscles around your lungs so you can't breathe.

Then the last drug causes you to suffer a fatal heart attack.

I think I'd rather take a bullet to the head to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    You are first sedated using Sodium Thiopental, which will reach the brain in approximately 30 seconds. Following this, you are injected with Pancuronium Bromide which will induce muscle paralysis, causing to you suffocate. Only after this will they administer a lethal dose of Potassium Chloride, which will cause heart failure.

None of the above will be affected by having veiny arms.
    Did you skip the class at school where they taught you about proper nouns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    Did you skip the class at school where they taught you about proper nouns?
    Just be happy I don't post everything in capitals.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.