Turn on thread page Beta

Nutritionist discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Well you're well inside the normal BMI parameters. So not great rush to lose a lot of weight. If you wanted to get leaner, I recommend you put in your activity level, your height/ weight into the MyFitnessPal app and a goal weight. Then eat the number of calories it recommends by weight out your food and keeping to your calorie limit that it prescribes. So if you exercise 3-4x a week for an hour or so, but are sedentary for much of the day otherwise, you'd be somewhere between active and lightly active (like I am)

It's fail proof
    Recommending gym to lose weight? Why are you giving advice?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    You inability to read is astounding

ReputationRep:
    Well you're well inside the normal BMI parameters. So not great rush to lose a lot of weight. If you wanted to get leaner, I recommend you put in your activity level, your height/ weight into the MyFitnessPal app and a goal weight. Then eat the number of calories it recommends by weight out your food and keeping to your calorie limit that it prescribes. So if you exercise 3-4x a week for an hour or so, but are sedentary for much of the day otherwise, you'd be somewhere between active and lightly active (like I am)

It's fail proof
    Thanks for the advice and sorry for not replying to your post sooner honestly didn't see it. Will try the app.

Well I wrote in my thread that I go to the gym and his post is very useful.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Unless you are very fit or have a lot of time then you are highly unlikley to be able to sustain burning 1000 calories a day.

ReputationRep:

It's fail proof
    Why are you recommending MyFitnessPal?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is riddled with ridiculous advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Unless you are very fit or have a lot of time then you are highly unlikley to be able to sustain burning 1000 calories a day.
    No not every day lol just at the gym probably 2 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean that weight loss is achieved through diet?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by chikane)
    Imo you are better off doing little and often. Walking is 100 cals a mile roughly.

Maybe do 4x 500 cals, c 1hrs. You should do resistance 3x a week.

Walk to uni, get a bike it all adds up. It starts with logging and weiging your food though. No deficit= no weight loss.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why are you recommending MyFitnessPal?
    Calorie counter, or does your phantom cycling team believe that calories don't exist

(Original post by chikane)
    The calorie burner read outs are dreadful, I wouldn't take any notice of them. Exercise 2-4x a week and you'll be perfectly fit and healthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Does this mean that weight loss is achieved through diet?
    I would advise you to start cycling if you want to become more active and have permenant weight loss. Gym is for temporary weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    Calorie counter, or does your phantom cycling team believe that calories don't exist

The calorie burner read outs are dreadful, I wouldn't take any notice of them. Exercise 2-4x a week and you'll be perfectly fit and healthy
    MFP is a temporary weight loss scheme. If you are clued up about nutrition, you'd advice someone to be more active by perhaps, picking up cycling, and eat a satiated diet. Burning 1k/day is not hard if you're avtive. Please stop giving stupid advice unless you are able to clearly justify what you are saying.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to start cycling if you want to become more active and have permenant weight loss. Gym is for temporary weight loss.
    & what impact will healthy eating have if you don't do regular exercise?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Gym is for temporary weight loss.
    It doesnt have to be.

MFP is a temporary weight loss scheme. .
    Noy oy isnt its just a tool which cna help you monitor your calories.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    & what impact will healthy eating have if you don't do regular exercise?

If you wnat weight loss it starts with controlling how much you eat= get some scales. Deficit = weight loss.

If you wnat physical fitness then do exercise. You cna also burn a few more calories but its easier to eat less.

If you wnat biological health, then eat a balanced nutrutious diet.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The gym is for temporary weight loss? How on earth is that a thing.

MFP is a temporary weight loss scheme. If you are clued up about nutrition, you'd advice someone to be more active by perhaps, picking up cycling, and eat a satiated diet. Burning 1k/day is not hard if you're avtive. Please stop giving stupid advice unless you are able to clearly justify what you are saying.
    It's not a scheme, it's a calorie counter.

I'm sure your power metre generates a calorie number for you. It's erroneous and is based off a very dodgy algorithm. 1000 calories is actually quite a lot of calories to burn in a session

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread is riddled with ridiculous advise

Stop pretending to be an expert and all superior. You're not an expert, nor a nutritionist which you have claimed several times. You're an a- level student with a pompous attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Strong trolling lmao

ReputationRep:
    The gym is for temporary weight loss? How on earth is that a thing.

It's not a scheme, it's a calorie counter.

I'm sure your power metre generates a calorie number for you. It's erroneous and is based off a very dodgy algorithm. 1000 calories is actually quite a lot of calories to burn in a session

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you are a healthy active person like me, burning 1k is not alot. If you commute to work and back by cycling, and do fudamental house work, you've pretty much reached that target. The number of people that start gym to solely lose weight for "summer" and actually stick to it, is minimal.

Advising someone to use MFP is the exact same thing. You should not count calories but instead increase activity and eat in a satiated manner.

And do not forget metabolic damage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Stop pretending to be an expert and all superior. You're not an expert, nor a nutritionist which you have claimed several times. You're an a- level student with a pompous attitude.
    I know more than you

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.